Question about losing youtube partnership....

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I became youtube partner recently.... I don't want to monetize my videos right now... can I potentially "lose" my youtube partnership if I never actually monetize any of my videos? I like the fact that I can contact youtube directly for support. I did this recently and they responded very fast and fixed the problem I was having and were very nice!

I like having the option of contacting youtube directly if I ever have an emergency and/or problem and I know that I can ONLY contact youtube directly if I am a youtube partner... so I want to make sure I don't lose this.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
No, being a youtube partner just means you have access to monetise videos and some other benefits they will never remove it if you decide not to monetise.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Yeah, like Digi said above, you can't lose your status of being a partner by being inactive.

Reactions: DigiBox

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've been a partner for quite a long time (back when you only need 25 subs!), and there have been times when I havent posted for years. Also my channel isn't monetised and I'm still a partner :)

So don't worry!

ShyJosh

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
How did you contact youtube in the first place? :D I did try everything to contact adsense, but still zero replies.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
How did you contact youtube in the first place? :D I did try everything to contact adsense, but still zero replies.
you just need to apply for an adsense account.

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You can do it through your channel settings. There are links through to the Adsense FAQ from there as well :)

ShyJosh

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Google is way to automatic oriented. I "need" official contact mail, not tips like: "Use this automatic form". Automatic forms won't solve my issues. ;)

ericshift1

Reaction score
You cannot lose partnership unless you do something really nefarious. Monetizing your videos is a good idea.