Question about iTunes and Youtube

PrettyKeli

PrettyKeli
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have a song on iTunes, and you used the song in your videos, how do you get it to appear under the video where it says "artist" and for sale on iTunes?

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
it gets tagged if they have submitted the song to the content id system. Otherwise link it assuming that is the author doesn't mind you taking it without clearing it with him first :)

GuerrillaDayProject

Guerrilla Day Players
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Use a unique tag i.e.: "Guerrilla Day Project" "Guerrilla Day Players"-- iTunes has a metadata section that you can fill out with this info. The "offer" is then searchable in your store. We've seen a lot of hit or miss with Amazon and CafePress, especially with the processing time-- it can take a few days before the correctly tagged iTunes product will show up on your YouTube page.

PrettyKeli

PrettyKeli
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok thanks for the info guys... now I see what you mean, you're speaking about the merch store right? I'm taking about when you go to the actual video that the song is in and right under the stats box they show the artist and that the song is available on itunes. How do I make that appear?

GuerrillaDayProject

Guerrilla Day Players
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
That's under monetizing options for YouTube. You can monetize only the video rights and leave the audio unclaimed and prompt Google to search for the proper attributions. Your situation is unique, in that you own all the IP-- so it may be impossible to get that process to work. Meta data will make it happen faster, if you put a link to the iTunes in the description as well as an identical description matching the iTunes entry.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info guys... now I see what you mean, you're speaking about the merch store right? I'm taking about when you go to the actual video that the song is in and right under the stats box they show the artist and that the song is available on itunes. How do I make that appear?
yeah if its yours you need to put an identifying tag in it. It seems to find it easiest if you put the info in the title it picks it up quickly. You then need to add it to the itunes.. it then gets fed into the content id system via itunes. It picks it up easily if you monetize it after you add the tag. You might want to wait a day or so then remonetize it if the info is not showing up on your video yet.