Question about Comment Spam

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've got a question. You know how there's like a limit to commenting. If you comment too much your comments could start to appear in the "likely spam" folder of whoever you're commenting and your comment is no longer visible on the video to anyone else.

There's a limit, like don't comment more than 10 to 20 per day or something? I'm just making up numbers.

Well my question is, what if you are replying to comments in "community" section of creator studio? Do those count against you too? Ive got a lot of comments awaiting response in there. sometimes ill move comments from "likely spam" into the approved comment section and reply back.

So if I replied to 50 comments one after another within like 15 minutes. Does Youtube consider that spammy and they'll flag my responses? because thats pretty lame since I'm not instigating the comments I am just replying to them.

on the other hand, I do get too many self promoting comments from other youtubers. so maybe that's another reason to ignore most of them.

I personally don't like any of my comments showing up in spam. I don't like the way it looks or feels. id rather keeps my responses minimal due to laziness and hesitation to be flagged as a spammer.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm pretty sure that's not the case, on your own videos. I also don't know how the algorithms work, so ymmv. I have a couple of non-spammers who show up in spam regularly, and I always re-approve them, but there's no helping it. It's kind of sad, the way the automated processes that are meant to prevent abuse end up hurting us sometimes.

MBGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On your own channel for sure it's not the case.
Usually I wait a day or two to reply to comments and I do it in batch. Never had a problem with that

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've never heard of that being a problem either.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think commenting on your own videos counts does it?
That would be more like a manager at a restaurant going around to see how everyone's meal is and communicating with them rather than blatant advertisements outside of the restaurant. The customer (viewer) is already there so you can't really spam them. I guess you could up-sell them a desert (link to another video) while they are already there... hmmmm

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
That would be more like a manager at a restaurant going around to see how everyone's meal is and communicating with them rather than blatant advertisements outside of the restaurant. The customer (viewer) is already there so you can't really spam them. I guess you could up-sell them a desert (link to another video) while they are already there... hmmmm
This makes me hungry...

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Cool, thanks everyone. Feels a bit more safe since no seems to have notices it being a problem. Hard to tell since most of the time you dont even know if your comments arent showing unless you happen to be checking from another account.

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Cool, thanks everyone. Feels a bit more safe since no seems to have notices it being a problem. Hard to tell since most of the time you dont even know if your comments arent showing unless you happen to be checking from another account.
I know what you mean, but I usually try to use a common sense approach to these things.

Do you think YouTube will put your own comments in spam on your own video? Sounds pretty dumb if they did, so they probably don't.

Not trying to criticize the question, it brought up a good point, but I would put that into one of those "common sense of YouTube" things, though we all know that YouTube does common sense wrong sometimes :p

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Do you think YouTube will put your own comments in spam on your own video? Sounds pretty dumb if they did, so they probably don't. :p
I meant more like, would they tag all my other comments as spam. not specifically the reply. More like, does replying to your own comments add up to the hidden quota, rendering all your comments spam (even comments outside your own videos, on other people videos too)