Question about adding original lyrics and singing to music

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I take a tune (music only) from YouTube's audio library that is "free to use in any of your videos", then add my own lyrics, singing and video clip, is that kind of video acceptable for the YPP?

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks, but when can you use royalty free music then? I see big kids channels (that are monetised) doing it all the time.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks, but when can you use royalty free music then? I see big kids channels (that are monetised) doing it all the time.
It's getting to the point you can't even do that.

Adsense is starting to say: "If you didn't create it all yourself, you can post it, sure; but don't expect us to monetize it".

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's getting to the point you can't even do that.

Adsense is starting to say: "If you didn't create it all yourself, you can post it, sure; but don't expect us to monetize it".
Thanks very much for all your replies. You are really going out of your way (time wise) to spread information.

I can create great visuals (stop motion, fancy video editing etc), my downfall is audio. Until recently, that was no problem, with the plethora of royalty free music available. I could upload my videos without music, but I fear they would lose a lot of their appeal. So, following your advice, I will probably look into creating original music for my videos. It will take time, but I think it'll be worth it.
Thanks again for your help.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You're welcome! I also answered your question on the other thread. If you want a look at what is actually happening to channels currently applying to join the YPP, select all on the line below, right click and select Go To.

support.google.com/youtube/threads?hl=en&thread_filter=(category:monetization)

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're welcome! I also answered your question on the other thread. If you want a look at what is actually happening to channels currently applying to join the YPP, select all on the line below, right click and select Go To.

support.google.com/youtube/threads?hl=en&thread_filter=(category:monetization)
Cheers for the info in the other thread too and the link as well. :)