Quesition about Commercial use and London for YouTube

Total Maher

Reaction score
Hey,

I plan on going to London for a while and videoing a lot of the attractions over there. However, I've seen a few attractions mention you can't use them for commercial use meaning obviously you can't monetize the videos.

Yet, I go on to YouTube and they'll be loads of videos on there with ads on of that attraction. How comes them videos haven't been taken off or is it simply down to the fact that these places don't check YouTube or care?

Anyone with any ideas? Really confused.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Either they don't care as much as they say, don't have people checking and reporting everything on YouTube, or they simply haven't bothered with the videos you've found... yet.

Remember, you only see what's on YouTube now... you can't see any number of videos that may have been removed already.

Total Maher

Reaction score
Either they don't care as much as they say, don't have people checking and reporting everything on YouTube, or they simply haven't bothered with the videos you've found... yet.

Remember, you only see what's on YouTube now... you can't see any number of videos that may have been removed already.
Whilst that's true, so many videos have been up for years now and not been taken down. I wish they were a lot more helpful with these kind of things. I've been on film London so many times and they never seem to have the answer I'm looking for.

jordz0005

Reaction score
As long as you film the attractions from a public place (like a street side walk) then you as the videographer own the copyright to your work (the video), this means that they can't take it down.