Quarterly Review

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey,
It's time for a quarterly review, so I figured I'd enlist some professionals this time which is you guys. Below is a link to one of my newer videos. I picked a shorter one to make things easier and feel free to skip to the relevant parts of the video.

So, what I'd like to know is:
1) What is your opinion on the intro? I switched to the new intro this year. Previously, I had just a short freeze frame with a quick drum beat at somewhere around 30s in to the clip, but didn't really like it. Would you prefer the intro to come later and not right at the beginning? Or would you prefer something less interruptive?

2) For this, you can skip to around 0:30 mark or 1:28 area. I started using songs on the background of talking some time ago as the only people I got feedback from (girlfriend and one friend) said they like that style better. I kind of like the "music only when no talk" policy better. What do you think? Is the balance okay if you do like to have the music in the back?

3) For this, you can skip to 0:20 before the end, which is when the outro happens. Any thoughts on the outro? I used to previously do a "live" after effects drawing back before the end credit stuff came to Youtube, which wouldn't work anymore due to the space the items take. Would you still prefer a moving image over the still with the items?

4) Thumbnail-wise, do you think the balance between text and image is good? Would you prefer no text, smaller text or more text?

Cheers for taking the time.

DeliciousCrackers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My man i like the video quality, i like the audio quality too, feelsgoodman
But when you went skating there was like two minutes of straight pavement and no scenery, and just loud music.
My opinion/ good edits/ good technical quality/ content is lacking.
Give people more of you and your surroundings, not pavement and music!
Hope this helped!

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My man i like the video quality, i like the audio quality too, feelsgoodman
But when you went skating there was like two minutes of straight pavement and no scenery, and just loud music.
My opinion/ good edits/ good technical quality/ content is lacking.
Give people more of you and your surroundings, not pavement and music!
Hope this helped!
Thanks for taking the time to check the and for your feedback (though it didn't really answer the stuff I had asked for). :)

I agree the skating part was too long, but had I cut it the way I wanted the vlog would have been like 2 minutes long, which from what I've heard hurts with the algorithms. I originally thought I'd be able to get more footage but I often forget to shoot when I'm with the girl. :D Guess that's one item to work on.

DeliciousCrackers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for taking the time to check the and for your feedback (though it didn't really answer the stuff I had asked for). :)

I agree the skating part was too long, but had I cut it the way I wanted the vlog would have been like 2 minutes long, which from what I've heard hurts with the algorithms. I originally thought I'd be able to get more footage but I often forget to shoot when I'm with the girl. :D Guess that's one item to work on.
Honestly i don't think thumbnails matter in your case, i think the quality matters more. Because if you think about it, you can have the best thumbnail but if the people get excited click on your vid and then it doesn't live up to the expectations, they won't share nor will they subs or stay watching for long.