Quality over Quantity ? Or the opposite ?

SkyDayYan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, for the past weeks, (2) I've been editing an episode of Le'ts Rant. Its not posted yet but it takes a lot of time to do it.
Writing a script, recording the voice over, editing the audio and recording the footage ? 2 days, that's not a big deal. However, editing can take me two weeks to do because I have this game theory (except shittier) style. So I was wondering.

Should I take my time with these video and post them whenever I can or should I invent some series that doesn't take too much time ?
I don't want to do let's play as I think they're too overused and this kind of format bores me. I can do montage of best off moments with a lot of edit that usually take me a day..

I've been trying to solve this question for a long time but all of my friend keep telling me "Just post each one a week, even if its not full of edit" and I feel like that's not the solution.

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My old channel was quantity over quality but my new channel I strongly believe in Quality! I think anyone can post out any old video daily with not much effort but into it BUT people that spend hours adding effects and making the video the best it can be are the ones who will grow.

What I notices with my channel of 4 years and 10k subscribers is that I would post Quantity not really progressing with Quality and it got to the point where my old videos (3+ years ago) where getting 100K views but I would hardly get any subscribers from it because they where terrible Quality and it makes the channel look bad.

Stick with Quality[DOUBLEPOST=1488119483,1488119443][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way , your channel link isnt working. You may need to add the end of your address like mine instead of the name

Reactions: Ralph Mickey

XenosTheGamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Go with quality. You want to make consistent uploads but if they are not worth watching what's the point. Unless youtube is your full time job I would personally recommend taking it at the pace that you can manage, while trying to make the best stuff you can.

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes of course. Don't turn into buzzfeed and post pointless videos.

Reactions: Ralph Mickey