Quality of Content is Script Writing Better?

Bazzeltroff

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In most of my videos, I have brainstormed an idea, and just immediately filmed it, having whatever ideas/thoughts that went through come out to the camera.

But am I wrong in doing that? Should I sit down, write a script, and then make a video? Or is full improv a bad thing? From the quality of my content, I am starting to think it is a bad thing. Many things tend to be left out, and sometimes it just seems like a jumbled mess, other times it isn't too bad. It's really hit or miss depending on how I'm feeling.

Maybe I need to make bulletin notes or something? I just can't seem to type out the words I want to say. It's killer...

Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally fully script my videos, but it really depends on the type of video you are making.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You should probably write a script for your videos. It depends on what your videos are like, but scripts could be very helpful.

Bazzeltroff

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree! I probably just need to solidify what I talk about as well. Having a very specific topic, then it being much more broad. At least starting off.

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends on the type of video im making, but usually I like to meet in the middle in the sense that I will have some notes/talking points in front of me and talk about something for a bit. But for PURELY informational videos I tend to have a script, but I tend to be on the boring side if I take this route. I often find myself not being pleased with the outcome of the content if I fully script the content.

Bazzeltroff

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on the type of video im making, but usually I like to meet in the middle in the sense that I will have some notes/talking points in front of me and talk about something for a bit. But for PURELY informational videos I tend to have a script, but I tend to be on the boring side if I take this route. I often find myself not being pleased with the outcome of the content if I fully script the content.
I feel like that would be my problem, but I have yet to actually complete a script and use it, so I can't really say it would be a bad thing lol. I'm gonna attempt it next time, and see how it turns out.

Reactions: Sladee