Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Putting Youtuber's Name In Tags?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by Scootakip [Lana], Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootakip [Lana]
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $45
    Hey, all. I'm working on some tags for my newest videos, and I'm wondering what people think of putting other Youtuber's names (who make videos similar to mine) as tags of my videos.
    I've heard a couple of people chastise this in the past, but what about all of you here on YTTalk?

2. Therealkojr
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $87
    I do not think it's the best thing to do. If someone is searching for the a certain youtuber in the search bar, they are probably looking for a video from that youtuber. They probably would not search for that youtuber's name and then click on someone elses video ya know? I mean, it can't hurt you, but i do not think it will help you either.

THAT BEING SAID I use my friends youtube name in my tags all the time. We make videos with each other a lot so we both use each others names in our tags.

3. JAMESMONOZYME
    Cash:
    $39
    I wouldn't recommend it but you could give it a trial period to see if it works then make your own judgement from that.

4. PictureFIT
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $257
    It is against YouTube's policy. You're trying to game the metadata in a way that does not deliver the content people are looking for.

Crown and KatyAdelson like this.
  5. Scootakip [Lana]
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $45
    Eh, Youtube doesn't care for that anyways. Since when do they fairly enforce their policies anyways, especially when it comes to tricking/abusing the algorithm.

6. JesusGreen
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $77
    YouTube does care about it. Many have been banned for similar practices. Yes there are many people who break the TOS who aren't banned, but there are an even larger number who are, and emulating them is just a way to ensure that your channel doesn't last particularly long.

Now if you mention them in the video or there's a good reason to relate that particular video to them, that's one thing, but just putting their name in your tags for absolutely no reason is misleading metadata and against the TOS.

7. KiddieToysReview
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $178
    Tags are not very important algorithmically. Why risk losing your channel for something that will not make a difference to success?

8. Gaijillionaire
    I've got a yen for being in Japan!
    Cash:
    $103
    It doesn't work whether you tube cares or not. Whatever other channel name you use already has multiple vids out there and their presence and time in the search engine will always outweigh what you do. Even if the channel is smaller, searching for them and finding you has a slim chance. So it's better to just go with terms that will be searched and not risk a ban that was for something that wouldn't have helped anyway

9. Doom Video Vault
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $33
    What if the video in question is about said Youtuber?

10. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $3,755
    Crown likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.