Putting in more effor, but not seeing growth

Krympin

Reaction score
Recently I've been putting in a tone of effort into my videos and trying to make them more enjoyable by spending hours recording and editing, but I'm not seeing any better growth than when I rarely posted or posted poor videos. Is this normal ?

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Probably because today there are hundreds of thousands game play YouTubers. You need to put some interesting titles and work more on tags. Use all 500 characters for tags and use some longer tags as well. Who the hell will search the title of video like this: "NY$ (COD edit-Krympin)" and you put down you are playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and nowhere in tags I see that. Also in the description of the video, you need to put more relevant sentences so you can rank better. That is good that you put more effort, but nobody will see it if you don`t optimize your titles, tags, and description so that your videos can rank better.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the strategy / technique advice discussion forum. ^_^ The YTtalk help forum is for specific forum-related questions, not YouTube questions, :)

Reactions: Crown

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Could have to do with the particular content ideas. Not bad ideas to get views from existing subscribers I guess, but you might want to consider some different, more searchable ideas.

Notice how your most viewed uploads were much more specific in the topic than what you've uploaded recently. Those were good videos to bring in new people. I think you should go for more videos like that. I know it's hard to get "outside the box" with CSGO content. Have you ever tried any weapon skins videos?(top 10 skins for x weapon, top 10 skins of a certain color, best skins under 2 dollars... just examples) Or stuff like expanding on that video you did about how to get out of silver easy. Sure it didn't get tons of views, but you got 10 likes so clearly people liked your advice. A few more active CSGO subs for each video and some passive search views can add up over time.

Just some thoughts, if you find something that works, keep doing it.

Reactions: Krympin

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I think you really have to be patient for it. When you're starting out being consistent, you won't get rewarded for it that much. It probably takes about a half year orso before you see more growth. That and the advice of other people above me.

TheVlogTheory

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I mean, I've dedicated 8 years to YouTube and making content and only now seeing growth every day. The problem is gaming is so over saturated so you have to find your unique voice. Stop caring about growth as much and it will come to you. Focus on the content always. Try and promote yourself in a way that inspires others.

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think if you just learn how to use proper SEO techniques you'll do fine. Your videos are definitely good quality, much better than mines.