Purposely placing mistakes in your videos to get comments?

World's Greatest

Reaction score
What do you guys and gals think of this idea? In one of my videos in a series, I made a mistake in the numbering. I decided against fixing it as it would be time consuming AND maybe, I could get some comments. Half a month later, today, I received two comments from same viewers. :dance:

I decided to delete my reply to him. Maybe he'll get others to start talking.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
What do you guys and gals think of this idea? In one of my videos in a series, I made a mistake in the numbering. I decided against fixing it as it would be time consuming AND maybe, I could get some comments. Half a month later, today, I received two comments from same viewers. :dance:

I decided to delete my reply to him. Maybe he'll get others to start talking.
I think it's an interesting idea... I wouldn't do it, and I think it would make your channel seem just that little bit less professional if there were constant noticeable flaws in your filming/editing, but none the less I can see what you mean! You would get more interaction from people, but it might just annoy them LOL

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I wouldn't really do it either. I think it could work depending on the type of channel you're running and the image you want to portray. But if you're constantly adding in mistakes while the rest of your video is normal that's weird. The comments will just be negative publicity.

World's Greatest

Reaction score
Yeah, agree. once in a while is okay if mistake is very minor and content is good. That was my 49 video upload series with one numbering error, that I have made a mental note to fix but forgot after a long recording session.

I guess we don't have to place minor mistakes, we will be making them sooner or later.

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think I've seen people do this before, where they do it on purpose to get a reaction out of people, or they will tell you they added in something in like 1-2 frames of the video comment if you can find it type of deal.
I mean adding mistakes on purpose I wouldn't do, but doing like a small game with the viewers like they I added an image in 1 frame of this video tell me if you can find it. That may be a better idea to get people to comment on your video rather then purposely doing mistakes.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I did an Unboxing video and said "there's no AC adapter in the box!" It got me 50 plus comments about "well what do I do???" I hadn't even thought about it. Not a mistake but I didn't explain clearly one minor point. So maybe at times it's good to leave things unclear to get a conversation going

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I just realised I might spelt tarragon on my ingredients list at the beginning of my video. Hopefully no one notices haha

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think if you want to do this tactic, go all in and make it a mysterious theme. You mentioned numbering your videos was the mistake. Take the number that was skipped and never use it again. If you skipped video number 5, then from now on, never use a 5 again. (i.e. 12, 13, 14, 16, 17... 23, 24, 26, 27). That way it's almost an Easter Egg within your channel and something you could address later if you wanted.

Reactions: Sam4God

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do it all the time in my videos, it just depends on what it is. If it's a funny mess up, I keep it. But if it's me stumbling over words or just being awkward I delete it. It's all about context!