Purging Dead Subs

I always assumed the purge was more of spammy subscribers than people who've forgotten about your channel.
I think it's just purging youtube accounts that aren't even alive anymore. But I have heard that people have been removed from large youtubers without their consent. They just find they're no longer subscribed after not watching for a while. Man, I hate Youtube sometimes lol.

I think the purge is more for accounts that haven't be used AT ALL in a while, or spam bots...
Boy, I wish I could get rid of some subs that never view my stuff, but I think I'd loose like a solid 400 subscibers LOL...
I guess thats life though! One day those few subs wont matter, because you'll have hundreds or thousands of active awesome subs ! :wtf:

Some day lol. I have to work on SEO or something because I'm barely getting a handful of views now. But I guess I haven't been that consistent for very long. Just started the regular posting and actually stick to it.

If you turn your channel into paid subscription then anyone who is not paying will be removed as a subscriber. Turn the pay wall off a few minutes later and you'll be back to zero. It's not available in all countries but if it's in yours and you want gomthat route, you have a clean reset available

Youtube does not Purge Dead subscribers, otherwise inactive ones. It does however sometimes wipe away accounts that have either been deleted or removed for one reason or another. So, in turn, you will "lose" a subscriber when honestly you already did. However, Youtube doesn't get rid of people who just don't log in anymore, or don't watch your content anymore. They will just sit there. I mean Pews has millions of "dead" subscribers, the guy gets average views of just a few million compared to his overall number. It is just a thing that's a part of youtube

I have a couple Youtube channels that I don't use any more but I love having them up as memories... i hope Youtube doesn't purge them :(

I wonder if YouTube only purges accounts that have been inactive for a certain amount of time. And every time they happen to look at your channel, the timer resets

Back