Purging Dead Subs

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
I looked around and didn't see this asked (which means I probably missed it), but doesn't Youtube regularly purge dead subs? I'm thinking of starting over because I believe 90 percent of my subs are dead after years of inconsistent uploading. But I also remember not really losing too many during some of the "great purges" youtube has done, so that might mean people are actually visiting from time to time. So does Youtube actually kill off inactive subs after a while? (Then again, I still have a bunch of channels on mine I don't watch).

Haven't experienced such a purge before, but I definitely have some dead subs. I'm at 30 subs now, but most of my vids don't go above 20 views, most stay below 5 or so. Then again, I have different games I play and not everybody likes every game.

It's hard to tell what's relevant, so maybe that's my problem. But I thought for sure the Destiny 2 Beta would net me more than 0 views. It's disheartening. I guess I'll just keep my current channel and keep plugging away.

If I am looking at the right video, it's only been up for four hours. Is your audience in one country mostly or spread across the globe? If they are all sleeping, then it makes sense that there are 0 views. But I have quite a few vids that have 0 views, mainly the The Evil Within Let's Play. I just continued producing that Let's Play so I didn't give up on it. Don't want people in the future to see my channel and see lots of aborted Let's Plays, I wanna do stuff completely.

I guess I get antsy if it doesn't get at least 1 by now. My subscribers are coming from all over lately it seems.

They're largely in the US though, upon looking back to confirm. :( lol.

If youtube did purge dead subs people would know so easily big channels such as pewdiepie would drop so fast if they only had active subs. thats actually the only reason pewdiepie is famous he has so many subs, the only thing is though he doesn't have many active ones compared to dead ones.

Right. And I sorta answered myself by realizing that I'm a dead sub to a lot of channels lol. I just wonder what the purge really is then. I think it's just purging subs that aren't doing anything period. As in, they don't even click on anything at all or watch anything anymore.

I think they only remove inactive channels/bots.
I don't think they remove the subscription if they still use their channel, even if they don't watch your content.

I lose many subs every month (between 500-1000) and some of those are from closed/spam/dead accounts.
1% of my views are made up subscribers. My videos average 2000 views in the first week so I have majority dead subs. I dont care and continue uploading.

Back