Public Domain Music Claimed -_-

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
oh sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Looks like it should be PD. What does the Claim say on YouTube?
No worries, happens to the best of us :) The claimant: "AdShare MG for a Third Party On behalf of: Naxos." Says it matches this: "747313072415_02_01;Act III - Anatole Fistoulari." From his Wikipedia page, he's recorded Swan Lake three times, in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Looking more into it now.

*Edit: I realize that may be unclear. 1950s-1970s. Haha.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
No worries, happens to the best of us :) The claimant: "AdShare MG for a Third Party On behalf of: Naxos." Says it matches this: "747313072415_02_01;Act III - Anatole Fistoulari." From his Wikipedia page, he's recorded Swan Lake three times, in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Looking more into it now.
Sometimes I have discovered that there are different versions that sound almost identical and the wrong one gets detected so it's claimed. I once uploaded a Public Domain video and Sony claimed it but they only owned the color version and mine was black and white

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Sometimes I have discovered that there are different versions that sound almost identical and the wrong one gets detected so it's claimed. I once uploaded a Public Domain video and Sony claimed it but they only owned the color version and mine was black and white
They're working with the same sheet music. I have no doubt that they sound almost identical, haha x'D I wish I could speed up the process. I still have a while before the video goes up, but the sooner it's over with, the less I have to think about it.

Sorry about the false claim. Hopefully it was settled easily and quickly.

Reactions: JayManOurMusicBox

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
It's extremely common for public domain music. Don't worry. just dispute. I'll bet on it a $1000 that it will go away.

Reason is other labels have worked on the same composition but as a new production.
So you have multiple production so eg the song Canon in D.
YouTube's system isn't smart enough to know that this canon in D is by the Royal London Symphonic Orchestra and the other is by Jay Man. Although both have legal rights to reproduce the song as it is in public domain.
So it is a simple dispute that will clear up easily.
Don't lose a wink over it :)[DOUBLEPOST=1453692617,1453692408][/DOUBLEPOST]
Unfortunately it has happened to me many times in the past, even one time I got claimed for "music" in a silent part of the video, kek.

All you can do is dispute it, it's not uncommon. :(
Seriously? My gosh.
I just got a claim from Orchard for more than 3 dozen songs I composed myself (will write a post about that later).
With proper legal documentation plus after research on their part, it all went away.
Orchard wasn't at fault for this case. It basically were some troll that was trying illegally to claim and hoping to make a buck.

But the 'silent' audio claim is ridiculous.

Reactions: kami

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
@JayManOurMusicBox I appreciate the comment :) I'm sure the dispute will go through, but I have a feeling the 30 days will pass before that happens, which is unfortunately after my video goes up, so I'll miss the initial bump, but oh well. x'D

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
@JayManOurMusicBox I appreciate the comment :) I'm sure the dispute will go through, but I have a feeling the 30 days will pass before that happens, which is unfortunately after my video goes up, so I'll miss the initial bump, but oh well. x'D
I'd suggest that you keep it private first then.
Once it's cleared that you can release it public or perhaps just repost it as a new video.
What waste it would be to miss that initial bump.[DOUBLEPOST=1453692836,1453692749][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw just checked your channel. Pretty cool. Best of luck to 1000!

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I'd suggest that you keep it private first then.
Once it's cleared that you can release it public or perhaps just repost it as a new video.
What waste it would be to miss that initial bump.
I wouldn't have gotten much of anything anyway, I'm such a small channel x'D I'd rather have it up on time for Valentine's Day (as it's themed) than be late and get a few micro pennies xP

Btw just checked your channel. Pretty cool. Best of luck to 1000!
Thanks so much! :D <3 Best of luck with growing your channel too! :)

Reactions: JayManOurMusicBox

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Just got this email: "Good news! Your dispute wasn’t reviewed within 30 days, so the copyright claim on your YouTube video has now been released."

Which is...odd, because it hasn't been close to 30 days, haha. But alrighty then.