Public Domain Music Claimed -_-

kami

I Love YTtalk
Anyone else have this happen before? I'm just sitting here waiting for the claim to be removed. Ugh.

Unfortunately it has happened to me many times in the past, even one time I got claimed for "music" in a silent part of the video, kek.

All you can do is dispute it, it's not uncommon. :(
Greedy greedy people trying to ruin it for the rest of us. x'D I remember hearing about a famous silent piece uploaded on YT that was claimed and muted. They really need to fix their system.

Greedy greedy people trying to ruin it for the rest of us. x'D I remember hearing about a famous silent piece uploaded on YT that was claimed and muted. They really need to fix their system.

YouTube's system works fine. It's extremely accurate. The problem is publishers submitting songs that they don't properly audit, which often contain parts or beats sourced from elsewhere that they do not have the rights to monetize.

YouTube's system works fine. It's extremely accurate. The problem is publishers submitting songs that they don't properly audit, which often contain parts or beats sourced from elsewhere that they do not have the rights to monetize.
Makes me wonder how that's not the same as normal infringement and how they don't get punished for it. There should be something that says, "hey, I've seen that you've gotten x number of claims that you've lost, maybe something is wrong with what you're trying to claim," then investigate :/

Dispute it and contact them. I got two claims for public domain music. For one, I contacted them directly and they removed it the same day. For the other, I couldn't contact them. I waited 30 days and it went away since they hadn't responded to the dispute.

Reactions: RBG
Dispute it and contact them. I got two claims for public domain music. For one, I contacted them directly and they removed it the same day. For the other, I couldn't contact them. I waited 30 days and it went away since they hadn't responded to the dispute.
I've disputed it already. Now it's just the wait game. I have no idea how to contact them, though I'm not in a rush, it was claimed on a video scheduled for a month from now.

Then it probably includes a copyrighted track. I recommend you delete the video, as you will probably get a strike for a false dispute.

Back