PSA #2 Bullying Part 2- Effects of Bullying

Oh whoops :p I shall un-private it now master[DOUBLEPOST=1371296439,1371296363][/DOUBLEPOST]IY HSD BEEN DONE!

time to watch![DOUBLEPOST=1371296701][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh whoops :p I shall un-private it now master[DOUBLEPOST=1371296439,1371296363][/DOUBLEPOST]IY HSD BEEN DONE!

I think we should talk about this video privately. Don't freak out. It's not cause it was bad, just.. I'll see you in pm.

Really good video, although it is a very touch topic. Honestly, I have seen a couple of videos on quite serious topics and it is really looked down upon to end a video like that with something such as a CTA (Call To Action). People are really moved and then they think that people are just doing those videos to further themselves on YouTube.

Really good video, although it is a very touch topic. Honestly, I have seen a couple of videos on quite serious topics and it is really looked down upon to end a video like that with something such as a CTA (Call To Action). People are really moved and then they think that people are just doing those videos to further themselves on YouTube.

That's a good point, but without the call to action I feel like I wouldn't get any comments, cause when I don't CTA I don't get comments and likes and what not.

That's a good point, but without the call to action I feel like I wouldn't get any comments, cause when I don't CTA I don't get comments and likes and what not.

I think it is alright to ask for comments, but asking for likes at the end of a video about a touchy subject like that will make some people believe that you don't care about this, you are only doing it for the likes. Just a warning. :)

I think it is alright to ask for comments, but asking for likes at the end of a video about a touchy subject like that will make some people believe that you don't care about this, you are only doing it for the likes. Just a warning. :)
Ahhh good point. I won't do it in future videos :D

Well, I have mixed feelings, to be honest. I'll label the sections good points and bad points so you can decide which you wanna read first ^___^

GOOD POINTS
- The audio and video were good :D
- The effects in the video were well done
- You seemed appropriately confident on camera c:
- It seems like you do genuinely feel bad for the people affected by bullying, and you're aware that it's a complicated issue

BAD POINTS
- Your info on depression was inaccurate (I'm a psychology student, so it's something I'm very familiar with). If you want people to take the video seriously, I think you need to demonstrate that you've done some research. Wikipedia has some good info on depression (I just skimmed it then to make sure). It also seems like depression isn't serious enough, so you mention that it could affect grades.
- Self-harm/self-mutilation does include cutting, but can also include many, many other forms of hurting oneself. You may want to avoid this research if you have a weak stomach, and just say like "including, but not limited to, cutting".
- You mention specifically that teenagers are being bullied, but don't mention other groups of people
- I felt the video was a little too light-hearted to be seen as sympathetic and serious. I think a lot of that feeling comes from the way you pop around the screen, which is fun for less serious topics, but it may come off as offensive to people who are affected by these kinds of issues.

Well, I have mixed feelings, to be honest. I'll label the sections good points and bad points so you can decide which you wanna read first ^___^

GOOD POINTS
- The audio and video were good :D
- The effects in the video were well done
- You seemed appropriately confident on camera c:
- It seems like you do genuinely feel bad for the people affected by bullying, and you're aware that it's a complicated issue

BAD POINTS
- Your info on depression was inaccurate (I'm a psychology student, so it's something I'm very familiar with). If you want people to take the video seriously, I think you need to demonstrate that you've done some research. Wikipedia has some good info on depression (I just skimmed it then to make sure). It also seems like depression isn't serious enough, so you mention that it could affect grades.
- Self-harm/self-mutilation does include cutting, but can also include many, many other forms of hurting oneself. You may want to avoid this research if you have a weak stomach, and just say like "including, but not limited to, cutting".
- You mention specifically that teenagers are being bullied, but don't mention other groups of people
- I felt the video was a little too light-hearted to be seen as sympathetic and serious. I think a lot of that feeling comes from the way you pop around the screen, which is fun for less serious topics, but it may come off as offensive to people who are affected by these kinds of issues.
Okay you're points were great. I didn't do AS much research as I should have done, I admit. I'm trying to focus on teen bullying and suicide etc. So that's why I mentioned that. In teens the MOST common self-mutilation is cutting. Have you ever watched Avenue Q? They make a song about racism using muppets. That way, they approach a serious topic in a light hearted way. That's kind of what I want to do. Thanks for all the tips!

To be honest I feel like this was my worst video yet, I don't know why... :(

Back