PS4 Gameplay Vids Are Suddenly Near-Silent on YouTube??

SinfulFox

I've Got It
I've been recording and uploading gameplay videos for the past few days (trying to cash in on the hype behind the new South Park game) and I've never had any issues of audio quality with PS4 videos in the past. I don't use any other software, these videos are shared straight from the PS4 to my YouTube channel.

I'm like 10 videos into my South Park gameplay and I just noticed that all the videos now are suddenly so low in volume that I can barely hear them at all-- my laptop volume is on max and I played other videos for comparison and they sound fine. But all my South Park videos are just extremely quiet... and I know I've gone back and skimmed through them to make sure they uploaded correctly. I would have definitely noticed them being like that.

Is it because of the content? The videos have the yellow monetization symbol for limited to no ads, because of the content-- which I'm okay with, I'm just trying to build more content and gather more of an audience for my channel-- but is this something that YouTube does to videos or something? Or am I missing something?

I have also uploaded gameplay of another game in the past few days and its audio level is perfectly fine.

Does anyone know why this has happened? Can I change everything back, or are they now stuck like that?

Can I ask, what is the point to putting up "content" like this? This is linear game play (ie. story driven) so no one will watch because if they have interest they'll play themselves (eventually) and watching will spoil it for themselves. Look at what others doing these do for a game like this, like Dashie for example, he adds his personality to the game to make the video his own. Doing this just to "build more content" is pointless if you think about it.

Could it be because of console settings (ie the output volume), I suppose you are using the internal capture function so there's no extra hardware inbetween. The best thing you can do is to normalize the audio levels in your video editor of choice.

Its funny you posted this because I recently started having this problem as well! I noticed my past few videos having very low game audio! I've been trying to fix it within my editing software but I'm also gonna check some of my audio settings in my PS4 to see if its something in the console that needs to be changed! Only thing I can think of is maybe it has something to do with any PS4 updates recently since I rarely change my recording settings! Best thing to do is bump up the volume while editing and keeping an eye on it!

Can I ask, what is the point to putting up "content" like this? This is linear game play (ie. story driven) so no one will watch because if they have interest they'll play themselves (eventually) and watching will spoil it for themselves. Look at what others doing these do for a game like this, like Dashie for example, he adds his personality to the game to make the video his own. Doing this just to "build more content" is pointless if you think about it.

Well next time I'm seeking a critique on my choice of content, I'll give you a holler. My question was about volume/aduio level so... thanks for playing. Your reply is pretty pointless, if you think about it.

Could it be because of console settings (ie the output volume), I suppose you are using the internal capture function so there's no extra hardware inbetween. The best thing you can do is to normalize the audio levels in your video editor of choice.

I was thinking that, but I've combed through the PS4 settings and they seem to be the same as I've always had them, and this is the first time I've experienced this. @___@ But yeah, I will try and upload the video into my editing program and see if boosting the audio there will help. Thanks!

Its funny you posted this because I recently started having this problem as well! I noticed my past few videos having very low game audio! I've been trying to fix it within my editing software but I'm also gonna check some of my audio settings in my PS4 to see if its something in the console that needs to be changed! Only thing I can think of is maybe it has something to do with any PS4 updates recently since I rarely change my recording settings! Best thing to do is bump up the volume while editing and keeping an eye on it!

Oh really? Thank goodness it's not just me going crazy then! xD I didn't think about possible changes from the PS4 updates, I'll try editing the audio in a program to see if that helps and then maybe do a few test uploads to see if all PS4-shared videos are like that. Those updates can definitely sneak in little strange, annoying things!

Back