Protecting Your Adsense Account on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We have all heard the dreadful stories of people abusing others videos in order to get them banned by deliberately clickbombing or botting the Adsense ads on their videos and all too often an innocent user will lose their account permanently.

There are a few things you can do to help protect your Adsense account:

Disable embedding of your video on external websites - this provides protection from others embedding your video on their website and then proceeding to bot or click on the ads inside your video, disabling embedding also lowers the chance of the video being shared on a website that doesn't comply with Adsense Terms of Service such as an adult website where Adsense ads may not be displayed, many out there will deliberately try to get you banned by any means possible and this is one layer of protection.

Check your Adsense account regularly for any odd activity such as spikes in clicks which does not correlate with your video traffic or views. If you are a new YouTuber with very few views and you see a high click through rate on your videos or your earnings is amazing, something is more than likely happening, Adsense recommends reporting such activity to them.

Make sure to turn on site authorisation in Adsense, this allows you to only authorise your Adsense ads to only be shown on the sites you allow. Allow youtube.com in the list and all of the google domains such as google.com, google.co.uk, google.fr and so on and include your own websites where you may have published Adsense.

Whilst only a few, these are the best ways to look out for and protect your Adsense account against malicious visitors. Use these and do everything you can to be compliant with the TOS and hopefully these will help your account remain in good standing.

Thanks for reading :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you, I wish there was more to help people protect their accounts :D

Reactions: Warrior Mindset

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
great tips man! it'll help out alot of younger youtubers....like i said man this place is a School especially with Threads like this!
Thanks Victor, I hope it does, lol I remember you saying that, I wouldnt mind doing an all in one guide for beginners and naming it something like Beginners YouTube School with short "lessons" :D

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks Victor, I hope it does, lol I remember you saying that, I wouldnt mind doing an all in one guide for beginners and naming it something like Beginners YouTube School with short "lessons" :D
haha that would be awesome! Beginners or Veterans everyone can learn something from this place!

Ukraine Arsenal

PC Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can see the point of disabling embedding and other things for security purposes but that also can hurt the video views, if I disable embedding I can no longer post on FB or even on YTalk, so the real question is besides the reporting how do I secure the accounts without sacrificing potential views from websites that do embed the video?

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
We have all heard the dreadful stories of people abusing others videos in order to get them banned by deliberately clickbombing or botting the Adsense ads on their videos and all too often an innocent user will lose their account permanently.

There are a few things you can do to help protect your Adsense account:

Disable embedding of your video on external websites - this provides protection from others embedding your video on their website and then proceeding to bot or click on the ads inside your video, disabling embedding also lowers the chance of the video being shared on a website that doesn't comply with Adsense Terms of Service such as an adult website where Adsense ads may not be displayed, many out there will deliberately try to get you banned by any means possible and this is one layer of protection.

Check your Adsense account regularly for any odd activity such as spikes in clicks which does not correlate with your video traffic or views. If you are a new YouTuber with very few views and you see a high click through rate on your videos or your earnings is amazing, something is more than likely happening, Adsense recommends reporting such activity to them.

Make sure to turn on site authorisation in Adsense, this allows you to only authorise your Adsense ads to only be shown on the sites you allow. Allow youtube.com in the list and all of the google domains such as google.com, google.co.uk, google.fr and so on and include your own websites where you may have published Adsense.

Whilst only a few, these are the best ways to look out for and protect your Adsense account against malicious visitors. Use these and do everything you can to be compliant with the TOS and hopefully these will help your account remain in good standing.

Thanks for reading :)
Michael thanks for the advice and good advice like this can last a lifetime..Bookmark this thread in your browsers yttalkers.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.