Promotion and Advertising with new YouTube Layout (Cosmic Panda)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone have any tips for getting word out for new channels when using the new YouTube layout? It seems very closed off, well that is the feeling I get from it as if hardly anyone will really click through off comments as they're practically hidden and even then the links aren't too obvious to click on and with friends seemingly gone it seems that it is very hard to bring anyone to your channel through YouTube just as Token mentioned in his post here.

I am wondering what your own plans are if you have any or if you have any good tips for surviving Cosmic Panda other than putting out good content with relevant titles, descs and tags etc and utilising external websites for promotion and doing video responses? It seems if I was to start again myself I would feel like I have hit a brick wall when it comes to getting the word out there or as if it would be almost impossible.

What are your thoughts or ideas?

lalgsw

Reaction score
did the cosmic panda remove "friends"? I don't see a request friend thing anymore :(

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
yeah, I think it did remove the friend system.
I'm not really sure whether I like it or not. I though I did at the first glance, but they definitely removed some features that were good to have as a smaller channel.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
did the cosmic panda remove "friends"? I don't see a request friend thing anymore :(
I'm told there's a way, something about contacts, but I haven't figured it out yet. :(