Promoting your videos on YouTube?

JustJamez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just a question I thought I'd ask to you guys since I am tempted to do this, but we'll see..

YouTube allow you to promote your videos buy paying to put it in one of those in stream video ads that we all skip. You simply put in a budget per day and from there they'll (I'm guessing) put your video in random peoples videos, and how many ads are placed is all to do with the amount of money you invest in it.

My question is to those that have already tried this - ideally - Is it worth it? And how much am money per day will actually make a difference and attract a bigger audience? Or is it just a big gamble and sometimes you'll do it and get people to check out your channel and other times you get nothing? I'm curious..

hdaluz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think someone did a thread on this yesterday about using this service with pretty s****y results and turnover to sub rates

JustJamez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i think someone did a thread on this yesterday about using this service with pretty s****y results and turnover to sub rates
I'd be interested in reading that thread, wonder how much money was put into the budget..

Harry Of All Trades

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's probably not worth doing if your a small channel. See the following video on the topic. In the video, Tim from Video Creators found that he got a 1% sub conversion. Sounds like it wasn't worth it to him.

I think YouTube has a free version of it called Fan Finder. It might be worth checking out.

Brickpro

GFX artist, Tech Reviewer, VFX!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Designer, Other
I would do a little bit but not a lot.