Promoting w/o social media?

Do You Promote With Or Without Social Media??

• With Social Media

• Without Social Media

Results are only viewable after voting.

kevsup

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know if I want those close to me (or vague acquaintances as with Facebook) to see all my videos. I was wondering if anyone has had success without promoting to social media, and if so what did you do/ where did you promote?

Edit: I don't mind some of my friends to see my content, but I'm hesitant to let everyone who knows me see it because then I would worry about my reputation while making videos rather than feeling free to make whatever I think is fun

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
why not create a separate account just for your content? I made this gamingrack account for twitter, instagram ect... for my videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tee Vee

LuiC

I sing and vlog stuff
Reaction score
I don't know if I want those close to me (or vague acquaintances as with Facebook) to see all my videos. I was wondering if anyone has had success without promoting to social media, and if so what did you do/ where did you promote?

Edit: I don't mind some of my friends to see my content, but I'm hesitant to let everyone who knows me see it because then I would worry about my reputation while making videos rather than feeling free to make whatever I think is fun
Thing is, even the biggest YouTubers post to EVERYTHING that they have: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.

You kinda have to post it EVERYWHERE.

omgpaulthompson

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Trouble is YouTube itself is one massive social network. It would be tough to get the ball rolling just on YT alone and when it does get bigger there is a good chance people will share your videos on other social media sites regardless.

Create a separate FB/Twitter for your YouTube channel, that way you can control at first who see's it!

All the best

Political Junkie News

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
You can get traffic to your YouTube channel without Social Media promotion if you do SEO correctly. That said, I think it would be a very short-sighted decision to bypass social media alltogether. You have to make YouTube promotion a splatter painting from Jackson Pollock; throw everything at the wall until something sticks.

So make some social media accounts separate from your friends and family and go for it.

projectorgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would for sure make separate accounts for your channel. That being said I see you are 18. Are you still in high school? If so I wouldn't worry about your "reputation" 2 years from now you'll never hear from or see 99% of the people you know in high school. Irregardless of that, if you are putting out content and your "friends" are embarrassed of it, they probably aren't friends you want. You want people that support you. Just saying. Trust me when I say your outlook on life will change 100% in all regards in the next 5 years. I'm 30 now and I talk to 2 of my high school friends once about every 2-3 months. You are about to enter a whole new world. Embrace yourself. Don't worry too much about your teenage reputation. That means nothing once you leave high school

Reactions: CrystalD