Promoting through social media, without being spammy.

TobyWan

Hey Guys,

So I'm taking the idea of youtube being a community and not just a content dump to heart, and I'm trying to be active in conversations and threads on Facebook and twitter. Basically just responding to conversations that i genuinely want to add something too.

Now this is all well and good and I'm glad to have these convos but I feel like theres not a "not spammy" way to say anything about my channel. I feel like ill come across as a homeless guy being like "hey nice shirt man....by the way you got a dollar?"

Does anyone have some tips, either if I should just continue being active across social media and ill see growth, or if there is a way I can promote without being annoying.

Thanks! :)

Hi,

You could try making collaborations with other channels (and cross-promotions, when you have more subs). Try to promote the collaboration or the other user's content, and convice the other youtuber to do the same thing.
It can be quite an efficient technique as long as you know how to make it attractive to your audience, and you also help other channels grow :)

I too am trying to figure out how to accomplishing being apart of a community without being too spammy. I've joined a bunch of Facebook groups that appear to just be video dump groups. Despite requesting content from other users to provide my feedback for them I've received 0 responses from these communities as well as 0 feedback for my own videos. I would love to find more communities that are oriented towards educating everyone on how to make their channel better whether it be technical feedback, creative feedback or advice on optimizing your channel to get as much traffic as possible.

Maybe schedule your posts? Try 1 post for every 2 hours? or if you have multiple links, do it all in one tweet instead of multiple.

Maybe schedule your posts? Try 1 post for every 2 hours? or if you have multiple links, do it all in one tweet instead of multiple.
I'm new to social media I don't have a lot of followers on twitter or facebook friends. I have been a lot more active recently

A good video will have people willing to share it in your behalf. So on top of your own efforts if you make the best video possible that compels people to share it, it will go farther than you could do on your own

Back