Promoting on Twitter

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How are you supposed to promote your videos on Twitter? Is it really as simple as posting the video link or is there a better way to do it?

On a another note, what is your favourite promotion site and why?

Reactions: Time Jacker

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You could post your video on Twitter however that won't generate a lot of views. First you'll need to build a following on Twitter so you have someone to promote too, then its just about how you advertise. The hardest part is making people care enough to click on your video. If you want an example, right now we've just released a new music video so I've got a tweet up with a 20 second teaser and a link that goes to the full video. I'm hoping this will work because you're making it easy for consumers to get a taste of your video and more reason for them to follow through to your channel.

And my favourite site to promote on is Twitter because I find it the most interesting and it has the ability to reach the widest audience.

Reactions: Mattaxol

thejadonmayhew

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
When using Twitter, Facebook and other websites that support the use of hashtags, use relevant hashtags. Don't just hashtag every single word, that'd be silly, but if it's relevant to the video then hashtag it instead and then when people search for that hashtag they may find your video.

It may not make a huge difference, but, it can still help a little bit :)

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After I post a video, I tweet the link, and I get a few views from that. Twitter works great for promoting your videos if you make a connection with the people who follow you, which means interacting with them on a daily basis, instead of just tweeting a link every time you post. Since I've made quite a few friends from twitter, they will often retweet the tweets promoting my videos, which gets it seen by more people.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've literally had like no luck with twitter haha, I mainly promote through facebook, reddit and instagram. It sounds like I need to get more involved with my audience on Twitter though for it to make an impact

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah even with 1000 followers, I struggle on twitter. While uploading on Instagram with no followers but a lot of researched tags, I got dozens of views within a day. I read somewhere hashtags are much more important on Instagram.

Kyle (Moto Moto)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Twitter has proved very useful for me. I know automatic messages can seem kind of annoying/unprofessional but its really a good way for me to introduce/connect with prospective fans.

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the help everyone! Will try hashtags. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1459690525,1459690499][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah even with 1000 followers, I struggle on twitter. While uploading on Instagram with no followers but a lot of researched tags, I got dozens of views within a day. I read somewhere hashtags are much more important on Instagram.
Wow. Time to make an Instagram account! Thank you :)

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well actually I use twitter as one of the promoting sites, and recently i started to use hashtags in the automatic message when I upload a video. I try to write an original message in every video, for creating something original, and I think I obtain a couple of views from twitter but not so many, maybe because i have a few amount of followers.
Anyway almost everyone agrees that twitter is one of the most important media for youtubers, for it's simplicity and quickness!

Time Jacker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How are you supposed to promote your videos on Twitter? Is it really as simple as posting the video link or is there a better way to do it?

On a another note, what is your favourite promotion site and why?
Twitter is only going to work if you build an audience, interact with them and create Twitter content that is useful. Creating a Twitter account and dumping a load of links is not going to work. It might be that you decide you don't have time to do Twitter and YouTube, but if you do, then do it properly. I have gained fair success from using Twitter as a promotional vehicle. Good luck.