Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

It has come to my attention that a minority members are posting irrelevant promotional content in their posts and threads, for example "Check out my channel and videos" in posts which do not have anything to do with their channel/videos and outside of the promotion forums.

This really doesn't have anything to do with the thread or post itself and such content should be kept within your signature and within their own promotional threads.

We do expect this sort of stuff within the introductions forum when meeting new members but repeatedly posting like this is really deteriorating the quality of the forum for other members and has a negative domino effect with others thinking that's it is fine to do it, it isnt and this is why we have signatures on here to allow for this sort of stuff which is attached to all posts anyway.

Before this becomes a nuisance for everyone I have decided to nip this in the bud as the forums main focus isnt promotion, we are more about helping each other and networking as a community.

As of today if anyone posts such content more than twice within their posts they will be given a warning for irrelevantly promoting their channel within posts/threads and their account will be placed under an automatic limitation for 1 week and restricted to only posting within the promotional forums.

In order to avoid this simply add any promotional content to your signature and it will become a part of all of your posts (It is technically much easier to do that anyway).

It is a shame that it has come to this but to keep the other forums free of promotional content it is the best way for us to deal with this.

I would like everyone where possible to report all self promoting posts in irrelevant threads so we can deal with this and keep the rest of the forums free of this as much as possible.

Thank you everyone and I hope you all understand :)

PS. VOTM will be coming later today as we are re-scheduling so keep your eyes out and get your videos made if you dont have one to enter yet ;)

Reactions: NTWGRay and Stef

the9one8

www.youtube.com/the9one8
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
PS. VOTM will be coming later today as we are re-scheduling so keep your eyes out and get your videos made if you dont have one to enter yet ;)
Can't wait. I am def entering this month.:biggrin:

Reactions: Michael
Status
Not open for further replies.