Promoting Content

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Is there ways I can properly use social medias to promote my content?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
The best tip I can give you is use the platform for its intended use. Don't post thumbnails on Instagram and only link back to your channel. Don't just use Twitter to notify people there's a new vid.

If you're a channel that can rely on visual content, such as photo's or drawings, use Instagram. Post beautiful travel pictures, post drawings, post WIPs. Make people curious about other things you do. Link to your channel in your bio and occasionally nudge people towards your channel in the description of a post.
If you're a comedy or rant channel, post jokes or opinions on Twitter. Engage with your audience, ask for opinions, discuss topics. Don't only advertise, use the platform as it is intended to be used.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The best tip I can give you is use the platform for its intended use. Don't post thumbnails on Instagram and only link back to your channel. Don't just use Twitter to notify people there's a new vid.

If you're a channel that can rely on visual content, such as photo's or drawings, use Instagram. Post beautiful travel pictures, post drawings, post WIPs. Make people curious about other things you do. Link to your channel in your bio and occasionally nudge people towards your channel in the description of a post.
If you're a comedy or rant channel, post jokes or opinions on Twitter. Engage with your audience, ask for opinions, discuss topics. Don't only advertise, use the platform as it is intended to be used.
That's very good advice, I never thought of it that way.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I post on my facebook, but I don't go too overboard as it's my personal facebook and I don't want to annoy my friends. I post on my instagram and twitter with appropriate hashtags in hopes I get people that way. Then I also post in reddit and some appropriate facebook groups. Those don't happen to often though.

Reactions: Animated_Steve

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can use Social media but you got to have followers if it should make sense :) The best (free) way to get promotion IMO is to hook up with other Youtubers in the same niche and do collabs. I havent checked out your channel yet but it looks like you are into animation (I am too by the way) so look out for animation channels that you like and try to contact them. A little side-tip go for "smaller" channels in the beginning, If you reach out for a 10.000.000 sub channel chances are that you never hear fromm them:)

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

I posted a couple thumbnails to instagram. lol, oops.