Programs for Macs

DaKatz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a mac and have got a pretty simple set up for recording which I'll share because why not.

Screen Recording - Screenflick - $40
Screenflick is really easy to use. You can set your dimensions or just click a window to match the dimensions. Screenflick can also record your voice, camera and in-game audio.

Audio Recording - Quicktime - Free
Quicktime audio recording is the most simple software I've ever used. I like to record my microphone separately just in-case anything goes wrong with my Screenflick recording. Also it's much easier to adjust levels when the audio tracks are separated.

Facecam Recording - Samsung S6
I recently switched from iPhone to Samsung and have found that the camera on the phone is incredible so I tend to just use that in conjunction with a desk light. Any phone or DSLR camera should work. I recommend avoiding an inbuilt face-cam because most of the time those are crap.

Skype Calls - Piezo - $20
This is a great program which I just invested in. All you do is click record on the program whilst you're in a skype call and it will automatically export as an mp3 wherever you choose as soon as you stop recording or end your call. I've always had problems trying to record skype conversations and finding free programs but I finally decided just to buy something and save the hassle. Piezo is great and hasn't crashed once :)

Editing - Final Cut Pro X - $300
This program is very simple yet flexible. It's easy to import, cut, add effects and eventually export. Most video editing software is great, it's all about finding whatever suits you best. If you don't want to spend any money I'd recommend sticking to iMovie. It's like FCPX's little brother. It gets the job done.

Anyways dudes, this is the software I use to get my recording done, hopefully it helps anyone struggling to find the appropriate equipment. Don't be afraid to spend a bit of money because if you're dedicated and determined you'll easily earn back what you spent.

If anyone has any suggestions as a mac user, what they prefer to use or interesting programs they've discovered, please reply down below because I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say.

Branden Morales

ENJOYING THE PATH OF LIFE. WHICH IS PIZZA.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a mac and have got a pretty simple set up for recording which I'll share because why not.

Screen Recording - Screenflick - $40
Screenflick is really easy to use. You can set your dimensions or just click a window to match the dimensions. Screenflick can also record your voice, camera and in-game audio.

Audio Recording - Quicktime - Free
Quicktime audio recording is the most simple software I've ever used. I like to record my microphone separately just in-case anything goes wrong with my Screenflick recording. Also it's much easier to adjust levels when the audio tracks are separated.

Facecam Recording - Samsung S6
I recently switched from iPhone to Samsung and have found that the camera on the phone is incredible so I tend to just use that in conjunction with a desk light. Any phone or DSLR camera should work. I recommend avoiding an inbuilt face-cam because most of the time those are crap.

Skype Calls - Piezo - $20
This is a great program which I just invested in. All you do is click record on the program whilst you're in a skype call and it will automatically export as an mp3 wherever you choose as soon as you stop recording or end your call. I've always had problems trying to record skype conversations and finding free programs but I finally decided just to buy something and save the hassle. Piezo is great and hasn't crashed once :)

Editing - Final Cut Pro X - $300
This program is very simple yet flexible. It's easy to import, cut, add effects and eventually export. Most video editing software is great, it's all about finding whatever suits you best. If you don't want to spend any money I'd recommend sticking to iMovie. It's like FCPX's little brother. It gets the job done.

Anyways dudes, this is the software I use to get my recording done, hopefully it helps anyone struggling to find the appropriate equipment. Don't be afraid to spend a bit of money because if you're dedicated and determined you'll easily earn back what you spent.

If anyone has any suggestions as a mac user, what they prefer to use or interesting programs they've discovered, please reply down below because I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say.
Wow that's a really nice and affordable set you have there! Thanks for sharing this! I'm sure this is going to help out a lot of people!

Reactions: DaKatz