Profile Picture: Real life picture or Logo?

Kevinsmak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm torn and wondering if it's better to be more personable and leave my picture out there for all to see or if I should get setup with a logo to brand more of my channel. I do have my webcam on for every video.

What do you prefer and why?

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you have a webcam that you use frequently in your videos, then your face is technically part of your branding. With that setup, you could technically go either way. You could even design a branded background around your face, getting the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Kevinsmak

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm torn and wondering if it's better to be more personable and leave my picture out there for all to see or if I should get setup with a logo to brand more of my channel. I do have my webcam on for every video.

What do you prefer and why?
*Starts chanting* REAL LIFE! REAL LIFE! Haha, no but I prefer a real life picture. That way I get a more personal feeling when watching a video. I don't really like channels that don't show their own face. That's my personal opinion though!

Xanderin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i use icon for them both but thats only cause i put on my webcam its about 10 year old and i'll just look like pixels

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the branding/channel design forum. ^^

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think what you have is fine. You show your face while playing games, so a self portrait fits. But instead of showing you against the clouds, I would maybe show your usual stream setup (mic, backdrop, etc)

Frui7yxan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could always make a mix, You could make your face a logo. You could get a art designer to create you a digital (cartoon) version of yourself and that could be the "face" of your channel.

TheCameronWatson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It very much depends on the content you make, gamers tend to go for a more branded logo as they don't often show their face (in general). However a vlogger tends to use their face in the logo as there face kinda is the brand. It could be stylised in some way, for instance I have myself as my avatar but drawn as a cartoon. It kinda depends on what you sell yourself as!

Reactions: Kevinsmak