Product Advertisement Video for Girlfriend's School Project

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So this weekend I'm going to help my girlfriend shoot a video for a product she created for a school project. I have not been uploading a lot lately, but I think I'll put the video on my YouTube channel. I turned off monetization last year so any views would make nothing. But what if the product took off because of the video? That would be pretty awesome.

Has anybody used YouTube to sell their products? If so how effective was it? She doesn't have a website and they are not in full production, but that would be crazy if the video makes high demand lol

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I wouldn't be in favor of it. A shoutout/mention would be more fitting. An entire video dedicated to it seems off-putting to viewers that subscribe strictly for your content. Not to say it won't "take off," but if it's simply an ad, the reception can be unfavorable.

EDIT: Oh, and worse yet: You haven't uploaded in a while then all of a sudden upload an ad. Gotta think about the perception that leaves on your subscribers.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Maybe she can upload and refer to you as a collaborator. This way you can seamlesly add her upload to your channel without "selling" anything? After that maybe you can do a shoutout as PictureFIT said and it would be more naturally passed to your viewer as an one time event not a turn in your channel's direction?

(Wow looking at your videos tab looks like you got the whole 101 dalmatians! Hahahaha!!! XD :p )

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wouldn't be in favor of it. A shoutout/mention would be more fitting. An entire video dedicated to it seems off-putting to viewers that subscribe strictly for your content. Not to say it won't "take off," but if it's simply an ad, the reception can be unfavorable.

EDIT: Oh, and worse yet: You haven't uploaded in a while then all of a sudden upload an ad. Gotta think about the perception that leaves on your subscribers.
I don't even monetize anymore so if people unsub it won't make me feel bad. I'm back to what I originally joined for, just to be able to share videos without having to send a huge file.