[Pro Rik's New Series] GAME SCHOOL (Feedback and Comments Welcome)

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, YTTalk! I'm ProfessionalRik. Now, let's get onto why I'm making this thread. I have this idea, nay a vision! I want gaming to be something that everyone feels they can do without judgement or stigma. I want everyone to find a common ground on the digital plane. I believe there's a game for all of us.

HOWEVER, some people don't think they can be gamers, some don't consider themselves gamers, and some just downright don't like the idea of being lumped in with people they called nerds and geeks. So I got the idea for a series; a lesson by lesson breakdown of the basics of gaming and gaming culture. I underline basics because I have plans to release a second series; Gamer University. WHICH would entail more advanced game mechanics and learning cognitive tricks to help you adapt to game worlds with less effort.

I'll admit, I'm unsure of the medium I want to use. I like voice acting animated characters, because they hold more appeal to a wider variety of people, but I have no program that would give me decent enough art. I have no problem with just recording myself and adding slides for info, but I wanted this production to be done well, not just scrapped together with whatever I can salvage. So if I could find someone to help with post production effects, that'd be great. I've got enough creativity to come up with solutions on the fly if need be, but I tend to think of things way before there's a problem.

So what do you think of Game School? I know it's a bit slapdash, but the general idea is, I think, solid. I mean, in reality, I'm only expecting positive feedback on most of it. But the most important thing is, I think it'd be a fun experience. Let me know what you think in the comments below or feel free to hit me up on the bird words at @ProfessionalRik as I'm almost always available.

Until next time
I'm Pro Rik
And I'm out!!

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
some people don't think they can be gamers, some don't consider themselves gamers, and some just downright don't like the idea of being lumped in with people they called nerds and geeks.
lol, wut?

WHICH would entail more advanced game mechanics and learning cognitive tricks to help you adapt to game worlds with less effort.
Yeah, that sound like it would be a good channel.

I like voice acting animated characters, because they hold more appeal to a wider variety of people
If you have enough free time to do it.

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate you taking the time to read my idea. Instead of just skimming it, lol.

"lol, wut?"

I know some people who could be called casual gamers. Some of which ACTUALLY say things like they're not gamers because they only play [blank] and [blank]. And I'm all like "YEAH BUT YOU DO IT FOR 12 HOURS A DAY, LADY/SIR"

"Yeah, that sound like it would be a good channel."

Thanks! Gamer University was my first idea, but I figured if I started in the deep end, I might miss some potential 'big fans' on the ground floor. And, it being a more advanced topic, I figured it would be best to practice editing and whatnot more before hand.

"If you have enough free time to do it."

I do, but I don't have the expertise to draw on MSPaint or GIMP. More practice required, right? Of course.

But thanks, I really appreciate you reading the idea. I'm amazed my first comment wasn't "YEAH WHATEVER" or something negative lol.
So thanks a lot, man.

Reactions: newage