Private old videos?

M232

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So this question has been bugging me for the past couple of months. I've decided I want to change the direction of my channel with different content but still have some small amounts of my previous content. Although my old videos make me super embarrassed and I cannot decide whether to private all my old videos or leave them as is. Starting a new channel has come up as well but then I'd be starting from scratch after 2 years on my current channel. The thing that I've also been considering is that with new content my current channel subscribers might unsubscribe cause I'm not doing my previous stuff.

Primink

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
deleted

Last edited:

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I would second not deleting the videos, but I'd also keep them online - nothing better than seeing your favorite YT in their non-glory days, and seeing how far they've made it. :D

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I privated my old videos because the quality wasn't there and it was just cringey. I would never delete my old videos though because they show how I've grown.
My second ever upload is in 240p resolution but it has almost half a million views. I keep it public. My latest video is in 1080p, it wasn't really something I'd normally record, I was helping my girlfriend with a school project and made some 30 second commercial. The latest one I actually did myself was 1080p at 60FPS and I keep both of these videos on the same page. It's really up to you how you want to do it.