Private/Hidden Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virii333

Reaction score
I know, I know... Your sitting there going "this guy again, hasn't he learned about google yet?"; anyways, I noticed yesterday that I had a comment on one of my videos from someone I'd never seen before. This is a truly marvelous thing, since I only had 5 subs, and two of them were my own sons, the rest were friends. Sorry, derailed again, anyways, I then noticed I had... Wait for it... 6 subs.. I know right?! Anyways, I am curious why I never received notification of the new sub, and why he/she's name doesn't appear in the list; the list being only 4 names.

SalvagedBeauty

A different kind of normal..
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never seem to get notifications for new subs either. I don't know if it happens with everyone or not. Also I need to refresh it or come back later then they show up for my subs.

Vincent the Watermelon

Life is awesome!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
Well the people who share their subscriptions publicly are the ones that will show up in the box. Although, I know where you are coming from because sometimes I'm not notified when I gain a sub.

Aaayron

Pokemaster in the making here people!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I never experienced not being notified of a new subscriber. Did you guys change any settings whatsoever on your channel?

Virii333

Reaction score
I didn't change anything from the default, I've received messages in the past. I wonder if it has to do with their settings, in reference to publicly subscribing

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

atypicalvideo

i don't even
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yup, I normally get an email when I get a new subscriber, but yesterday I mysteriously gained 4 subscribers without any notification

Ukraine Arsenal

PC Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On one of my channels I had 5 subscribers for about a month, and then it jumped to 32, I received quite a few emails saying that a "New User" has subscribed to me but when I click on the list of subscribers it shows only one name, me being the person they subscribed to there should be a way to see who it is, right?

BlacklightDemon

YT Talk's Witcher
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I think those subs that don't show actually don't have a YouTube account. They subscribe to you by email. I once had the same thing (except YouTube actually bothered to e-mail me that time). The e-mail mentioned the individual not having a YouTube account and that they were subbed by e-mail, so I'm guessing that's what causes them to not show up.

CallumPiStudios

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They are probably all linked to Military Intelligence and so they have protection as to what information is sent out regarding them. So, they can comment on your videos after checking it with their superiors to ensure they are not giving any information away, but you will never be informed of them subscribing to you for protection.

Frassmiles

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I don't always get an e-mail for each subscriber I've gained.

They probably don't have an account, so you don't get an e-mail from them.

I guess you should be happy about the fact that you have gained some new mysterious subscribers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.