[Private channel] Honest review

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello ladies and gentlemans of Yttalk community, it's me midzan21 (or as I'm known IRL Marko).

Today I'm requesting honest review of mine personal YouTube channel.
I want to get review about all details which can range from:
  • SEO (quick review)
  • thumbnails
  • branding (cover art, default image, etc)
  • video quality (quantity isn't problem, still fresh start)
  • what to improve (audio quality, video recordings quality, render quality etc)
Please be really honest and if you like some of content (and understand content because most of it is on Croatian/Bosnian) subscribe and give a thumbs up. Comments are also apresciated.

YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/MarkoIdzanHROfficial

UPDATE: Changed from default channel link to custom one which got after migrating to Google + Page today and linking official website to it

Last edited:

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think your banner is a little bit sparse. It gives the information you're looking for, but that's it. Your thumbnails are all exactly the same for whatever series you're doing, so I'd put the title of each episode in each thumbnail.

I like the channel trailer (though I don't speak your language) in style (with you pointing out each type of video you do), but I'd re-shoot yourself, taking out the headphones, getting better lighting (sit directly in sunlight that also lights the background behind you) and bump up the sound level a bit.

Good luck! Seems like you have some interesting content!

Reactions: midzan21

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think your banner is a little bit sparse. It gives the information you're looking for, but that's it. Your thumbnails are all exactly the same for whatever series you're doing, so I'd put the title of each episode in each thumbnail.

I like the channel trailer (though I don't speak your language) in style (with you pointing out each type of video you do), but I'd re-shoot yourself, taking out the headphones, getting better lighting (sit directly in sunlight that also lights the background behind you) and bump up the sound level a bit.

Good luck! Seems like you have some interesting content!
First of all thanks for review of channel.
For banner - it is created to be unique after long using of simmliar kind of it but where I wrote all things that I do on YouTube and Facebook (because I use same banner as YouTube banner and Facebook cover).
Thumbnails are fine for me, maybe they have simmilarities, but they are unique for all videos (OK, it is not totally unique but still it is way better then old one where I had just some image and Freedom! logo down right with small text)

Channel trailer was shot at least 6-7 times on different locations in house and my room. This version is shot near window while looking at white wall and with sun pointing directly to phone camera. Headphones are here because when I didn't had headphones phone mics collected sounds from outside (neighbour was working on cutting down one old tree).

Thanks again for all of your comments, I hope that in next month or two would reshoot channel intro with better lightening on wall (and hopefully nobody would do anything crazy outside so I can get rid of headphones)