Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Prepare To Get Partnered

Discussion in 'YouTube Networks, Monetization and Partnerships' started by UninstallLife1, Jul 17, 2013.

1. UninstallLife1
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $117
    So, you have been offered a contract by a network? Or you have decided it is time to start making some money from your work?

Quite a lot of people accept the first contract they can get their hands on, and soon end up realizing they could have got a much better contract somewhere else. Depending on the network, they could be stuck with it for a year.

What you want to do is sit down with all the information about your channel, including the channel page itself, and look at what you need help with. Do you need a bigger variety of royalty free music/sound effects to make your videos more interesting? Do you need a simplified version of analytics? Are you in need of a channel makeover?

Once you have complied a complete list of all the thing you need to help make your channel better, organize them from most important to least important.

Afterwards, head over to this forum post (List Of Networks and their Requirements) and then compile a list of all the networks whose requirements you meet.

When you have a list of all these networks, do a bit of digging and unearth all the features they offer. You can then compare these to your list of features and decide which ones are best suited to you.

When I decide to start getting partnered, I will most likely do a point system. So, the feature at the bottom of my list will be assigned one point, and this will increase all the way to the top. I will then use this to determine which network has the highest score and is better for me.

Tell me if this was helpful? Anything else I could add? Maybe send over some screenshots of you doing this to split up this huge bulk of text.

Christoffer and PALEBLUEDOT413 like this.
  2. Thrashbat
    Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
    Cash:
    $19
    I like your guide a lot. Definitely glad that you said not to take the first offer. And I love your signature. We might have to do a collaboration sometime, I just love your sense of humor (look at mine and see how similar we are!).

3. UninstallLife1
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $117
    Thanks, and yeah, that would be awesome! :) Give it about a week so I can get my channel off the ground, and get used to commentating, and then we can organize something. I know not this weekend, but the following I am looking after my Gma's dog again which means I will be free all weekend. :)

Anyway, before I get killed for posting non-relevant content on my own thread, I shall make a end this here -->.

4. TheNM22
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $55
    I like what you did there! :p It's definitely true. Always weigh your options. People tend to rush into partnership without knowing exactly what a partnership really is. This is how we get all of thise "I got accepted by RPM/ATV" and "F*ck RPM/ATV, how do I get out?" threads.

The key is research and common sense. Always know what your doing when putting your signature on something!

5. Justin Fowler
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $161
    Not complaining about Fullscreen, but I should have looked into all my options before entering a 24 month contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. UninstallLife1
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $117
    True point! I think networks should all adopt the same sort of view. I understand they are a business, but they should still give people space to way up their options.

7. Nthao
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $35
    This is an informative thread right here. Never really thought that contracts for anything on the web would really be such a similar thing to real life contracts (T-Mobile...). Thanks for posting this up and hopefully more people will be more informed.

8. UninstallLife1
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $117
    Thanks! And yes, they are. The only difference to contracts online is that they are online. Every contract is a legal document and should be treated as such. :)