PREMIERES (New YouTube feature being rolled out)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I recently got this notification:

Clicking on that link, takes you to the following video giving more information:

Also, from the Youtube help:

YouTube premieres is a feature that lets you and your viewers watch and experience a new video together, much like a movie or TV show premiere. Premiering your video allows you to schedule a video upload and to create buzz around the video with a shareable watch page.

Eligibility: We're initially launching this feature to a small group of creators and will be rolling out more broadly soon.

More info - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9080341

Anyone else have this feature? Thoughts?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There was a thread created for the same a couple of weeks ago by @Yachts For Sale
yttalk.com/threads/new-youtube-premieres-feature.285570/

I personally wont be using it - Once I have a video ready - I post it!

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ah, my bad, I didn't see the previous thread! It's quite a cool feature. ^^

Reactions: EVO

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have the feature as well, despite having less than 200 subscribers... I really don't know what to make with it myself! But if I had a bigger viewerbase it would help me for sure. My slow internet connection doesn't allow me to livestream, with premiering I could still get a chance to interact with viewers

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this this feature would be great for bigger content creators to To get their viewers excited over their new project or for a music video. I don’t think this feature should be used with just every day videos.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I gained access to this feature recently. I'm tempted to try it, but I also don't think very many people will be there to watch a 2 minute video when it initially goes live lol... It seems like a neat tool, though! :)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Someone whom im subcribed to used this feature this morning. I found it annoying. I thought great a video to watch! Oh no its not. Its a video coming out later today. I just want to watch the content whenever its ready. I dont need reminding before hand.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I gave this a go a few days ago with a channel update video. Generally good, although it caused quite a bit of confusio s over what it actually was. I had around 30 people watch live and it was quite fun to interact with people in the live chat.

I also found it produced some pretty good initial watch time and lots of video likes. Won't be using it again regularly but maybe once a month or something like that would be good

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Someone whom im subcribed to used this feature this morning. I found it annoying. I thought great a video to watch! Oh no its not. Its a video coming out later today. I just want to watch the content whenever its ready. I dont need reminding before hand.

Yeah, I prefer to announce an upcoming video with the community tab and on Twitter.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't imagine ever using it. All of my videos come out on a schedule already, people know when they're coming, why would I need to announce it?