Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

PREMIERES (New YouTube feature being rolled out)

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Crown, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $8,117
    So I recently got this notification:

[​IMG]

Clicking on that link, takes you to the following video giving more information:

Also, from the Youtube help:

YouTube premieres is a feature that lets you and your viewers watch and experience a new video together, much like a movie or TV show premiere. Premiering your video allows you to schedule a video upload and to create buzz around the video with a shareable watch page.

Eligibility: We're initially launching this feature to a small group of creators and will be rolling out more broadly soon.

More info - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9080341

Anyone else have this feature? Thoughts?

KatyAdelson and Michael like this.
  2. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $214
    There was a thread created for the same a couple of weeks ago by @Yachts For Sale
    yttalk.com/threads/new-youtube-premieres-feature.285570/

I personally wont be using it - Once I have a video ready - I post it!

Crown likes this.
  3. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $8,117
    Ah, my bad, I didn't see the previous thread! It's quite a cool feature. ^^

EVO likes this.
  4. Conso1727
    Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
    Cash:
    $1,963
    I have the feature as well, despite having less than 200 subscribers... I really don't know what to make with it myself! But if I had a bigger viewerbase it would help me for sure. My slow internet connection doesn't allow me to livestream, with premiering I could still get a chance to interact with viewers

5. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $259
    I think this this feature would be great for bigger content creators to To get their viewers excited over their new project or for a music video. I don’t think this feature should be used with just every day videos.

6. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $4,853
    I gained access to this feature recently. I'm tempted to try it, but I also don't think very many people will be there to watch a 2 minute video when it initially goes live lol... It seems like a neat tool, though! :)

7. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $214
    Someone whom im subcribed to used this feature this morning. I found it annoying. I thought great a video to watch! Oh no its not. Its a video coming out later today. I just want to watch the content whenever its ready. I dont need reminding before hand.

8. evoloz
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $96
    I gave this a go a few days ago with a channel update video. Generally good, although it caused quite a bit of confusio s over what it actually was. I had around 30 people watch live and it was quite fun to interact with people in the live chat.

I also found it produced some pretty good initial watch time and lots of video likes. Won't be using it again regularly but maybe once a month or something like that would be good

9. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $8,117

Yeah, I prefer to announce an upcoming video with the community tab and on Twitter.

10. Cephus
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $149
    I can't imagine ever using it. All of my videos come out on a schedule already, people know when they're coming, why would I need to announce it?