Premier Pro Render settings

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys,

for those of you using Adobe Premiere Pro, what are your preferred render settings for Youtube uploads? Do you go for 1080p, or is 720p good enough? And how high do you set your bitrate and FPS?

I have been struggling with the best settings to use for a while, and I just used what I found on basic tutorials on youtube. I found an article about render settings in general, and it includes some info about Youtube as well. So I thought I'd share it with you guys here. For some it will all be stuff you already know, but for some (like myself) it can be a huge step in the right direction.

The article:
http://crookedpathfilms.com/blog/2010/03/30/adobe-premiere-pro-what-are-the-best-export-settings/

I used to render in these settings, thinking it made the most sense with what Youtube does and doesn't allow:

NTSC, 1280 x 720, 29,97 FPS.
Variable Bitrate, 6MBPS - 13 MBPS (don't know why I went for 13)

According to the article, this makes more sense, and it's what I'm using from now on:

NTSC 1280 x 720, 60 FPS
Constant Bitrate, 4 MBPS.

Youtube does play back the video at a lower FPS, but I've done some test-renders and uploaded them, and the 60 FPS render seemed to look the smoothest to me. And as you can see, I used to aim for 6 MBPS, but it turns out Youtube plays at 4 MBPS, so I decided to go for that instead. These settings also made my filesize smaller. I'll add a more complete screenshot of my render settings later.

Let me know what you think about these settings, and post your own!

Reactions: Michael