Postponed dream

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
for the people who aren't big youtubers and can't put their all into their channel because of everyday things like work and school do you think sometimes you're not giving your all to your channel? For example I have big ideas and wants for my channel but I feel like life is getting in the way how do I go about my dream when life keeps happening? I'm so scared of failing it sometimes cripples me

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
for the people who aren't big youtubers and can't put their all into their channel because of everyday things like work and school do you think sometimes you're not giving your all to your channel? For example I have big ideas and wants for my channel but I feel like life is getting in the way how do I go about my dream when life keeps happening? I'm so scared of failing it sometimes cripples me
YES!! I feel like this all the time :( If I was unemployed and didn't have other responsibilities I would be able to upload more regularly and create better content.

Reactions: Amber lynx

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Yes :( its a vicious cycle because I would LOVE to quit my jobs and focus of youtube full tie but I know that I would need to spend money for things i need for my channel so I need to have a constant stream of money coming in or else I couldn't do youtube.
Sometimes I feel as if I should give up and work a 9-5 or something but I know in my heart this is what I want and I'm not going to stop fighting for it.

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YES!! I feel like this all the time :( If I was unemployed and didn't have other responsibilities I would be able to upload more regularly and create better content.
Exactly but ya can't it's low key frustrating[DOUBLEPOST=1481997696,1481997524][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes :( its a vicious cycle because I would LOVE to quit my jobs and focus of youtube full tie but I know that I would need to spend money for things i need for my channel so I need to have a constant stream of money coming in or else I couldn't do youtube.
Sometimes I feel as if I should give up and work a 9-5 or something but I know in my heart this is what I want and I'm not going to stop fighting for it.
Aw I feel that keep pushing girl

Reactions: Nathan Williams

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If you intend to make YouTube a full time thing eventually then put in the extra time now, even if it eats at what little free time you have, it'll pay off!

One of my favourite quotes:

Schedule yourself extra hours each day after work/school/other responsibilities, or even just 30 minutes a day, and work on your channel. Yes it'll mean you'll have very little of any free time for a while, but if you're serious about making it full time, then you need to find a way to make time for it.

The more time and effort you put into it now, the quicker you'll have yourself set up to a point where you can relax and take a step back and have more time for yourself. Additionally, the more time and effort you put into it now, the quicker you'll actually get to the stage where you can go "Well I'm making a solid income from my channel, I can actually make this my full time job now".

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I did a video on this today, i would love to do youtube full time, but 1. i seem to run out of ideas so quickly and 2. the new algorithm means i am getting even less views then before, and losing more subs then im gaining and i am currently hating youtube so much, so i did a rant video on it haha

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm in an inverted situation where despite all my free time from a lack of work and school, my anxiety and depression kick my a** enough to where I'm never quite living up to my full potential (or so it feels).

Oh well, if it rounds out it rounds out. I try to think of what lies beyond all my hard work, but when the struggling lasts so long you start to second guess a lot of things. I'll see how I feel by July.

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have struggled with this a lot. Wether it was school or other stuff. I finally put another video online and I still need to push myself to get more ideas and create more content. It's a struggle just to get some ideas and time to do it all next to school.

K.M. Draws

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This would be my biggest hurdle. Art school really eats up so much time. It makes it really hard for people to work on personal projects and this + webcomic are really big personal projects for me. Hell, at my school, is even actually DISCOURAGED to work on personal things. But, even after all of that, I have a plan. It's similar to what @JesusGreen suggested, and luckily for me, I don't even go out that much anyway lol. So, I'm definitely gonna work on pushing out content for people. The new algorithm sucks a lot, but don't give up, guys. You all seem like people that really love doing this and I'd never suggest for you to stop.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's all about time management, motivation and how bad do you want it? If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. You have to work a bit harder or at least smarter than the rest and make some sacrifices. Cut some activities out, get up earlier, go to bed later, become more organised, streamline the work flow. If someone really really wants something, they'll do what it takes. If they don't do what it takes to make the time, maybe they don't really want it enough. :)

I love the quote that @JesusGreen quoted. Motivational quotes and speeches are pretty powerful tools. I use them a lot. But as Tony Robbins says, the most important thing is to take massive action. It's no good getting all fired up with motivational CDs and then sitting back in front of the TV. ^^

Here's a good one:

The person speaking is motivational speaker Eric Thomas. I do recommend some of his material. He really is a good coach.