Posting Video's To Both YouTube And Facebook?

theredletterORG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What are your thoughts on this? Is it a good way to grow your channel,

I have recently started to post to both YouTube and Facebook and I feel my content is reaching more people much faster, but I feel as though it may be taking away from my channel gaining subscribers! I know that I should be more worried about views but I notice I get way more attention when instead of posting the link I post the video straight to my Facebook page,

The way I have been doing it is posting the link to the video on YouTube and then the next day uploading the same video to Facebook for views.... Thoughts?

Is there a way to monetize Facebook video's?

Also, do you think it is wise to keep posting about the video more than once on your social media page?

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Facebook is a dodgey bugger. Our posts on the fan page reach less and less people, and FB keeps wanting us to pay $$ to boost posts. My personal account, and my wife's, has the same problems. FB is all about paying $$ to get exposure for your posts.

The reason I don't upload our videos on there is because FB generates ad revenue, but shares nothing with creators (us small guys anyways). If your video does go viral and generates several mill views, you still don't see revenue from it. Yes maybe it will drive traffic to your YT, but probably not that much (perhaps 1% if you're lucky). How many times have you watched a 15 second funny/gross clip on FB and gone "Wow, awesome, let's go find this person's YT account and subscribe for more awesome videos!" Probably never. You just Like them on FB and stay up to date.

You also have to watch your retention with click-in traffic. FB is a much more faster scroll media than YT. You scroll up on your phone, watch a clip, and continue scrolling. Do you want those 15 second viewers popping over to YT and busting up your video's retention then clicking away, ending their YT sessions, and destroying your session/watch time metrics?

I'm not a big fan of FB as you can see. I've been disliking it more and more the longer we do YT. FB is all about paying $$ for exposure.

Only when FB starts sharing revenue with all creators (like YT does), will I consider uploading our videos there. The few subs you *might" get are not worth the hassle or maintaining a separate video site, plus the risks to your watch time metrics.

Reactions: theredletterORG

theredletterORG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Facebook is a dodgey bugger. Our posts on the fan page reach less and less people, and FB keeps wanting us to pay $$ to boost posts. My personal account, and my wife's, has the same problems. FB is all about paying $$ to get exposure for your posts.

The reason I don't upload our videos on there is because FB generates ad revenue, but shares nothing with creators (us small guys anyways). If your video does go viral and generates several mill views, you still don't see revenue from it. Yes maybe it will drive traffic to your YT, but probably not that much (perhaps 1% if you're lucky). How many times have you watched a 15 second funny/gross clip on FB and gone "Wow, awesome, let's go find this person's YT account and subscribe for more awesome videos!" Probably never. You just Like them on FB and stay up to date.

You also have to watch your retention with click-in traffic. FB is a much more faster scroll media than YT. You scroll up on your phone, watch a clip, and continue scrolling. Do you want those 15 second viewers popping over to YT and busting up your video's retention then clicking away, ending their YT sessions, and destroying your session/watch time metrics?

I'm not a big fan of FB as you can see. I've been disliking it more and more the longer we do YT. FB is all about paying $$ for exposure.

Only when FB starts sharing revenue with all creators (like YT does), will I consider uploading our videos there. The few subs you *might" get are not worth the hassle or maintaining a separate video site, plus the risks to your watch time metrics.
Thanks, I really appreciate your view point on this and it just confirms some of the thoughts that I have had since I have been experimenting with Facebook even more, and to be honest I didn't even think about the fact that those 15 second viewers have the potential to do harm to my metrics on YT, which I feel like is a very real potential danger because I have been working very hard on improving that!

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I update my videos on FB and I use hastags to get a boost on my videos. I got some likes and more views on page. I don't want to pay for exposure.

Reactions: theredletterORG

theredletterORG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I update my videos on FB and I use hastags to get a boost on my videos. I got some likes and more views on page. I don't want to pay for exposure.
I guess viewpoints maybe change on the matter depending on the size, I to am more worried about exposure right now and am just trying to figure out what would be the best moves for my channel!