Posting on Reddit

Iron-Will

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There may not be a subreddit specific to your channel, but there may be for the specific niches for certain videos! Have a browse through reddit and see what you can find, and where your videos may fit!

For reddit though, you need to be careful! Make sure you provide a decent amount of actual input to others (don't just post your videos all over the place). Also, make sure to follow all the rules laid out in the subreddits! Sometimes the rules can be harder to find, or there are so many rules it can be hard to follow, but do your best!

Reddit has been a great way for me to promote my own videos! I have found a few subreddits where my content might fit, and so when a video fits a topic appropriately, I'll post it (appropriately)!

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
yeah. It's a bit of a deep question really. I used to think "well if people don't like it, they're not getting it, as I know its true value and they can't see it"... but that's surely not going to make you a winner in the real world. You can apply that as some kind of an "intellectual" recluse, but at some point, you'll have to make your content more accessible in some way. Not sell out completely, but somehow, make it more attractive.
Agreed. Although, it's more of looking at things realistically. Go check out all of the top youtubers. If everyone liked them and nobody didn't, they would have more money than Bill Gates.

Making content more accessible is great no matter how you look at it and, personally, I am always trying to make content that I think will be entertaining, but you literally can't win them all.

I think it's naive to believe everyone will like you, it's not being reclusive. Nobody has a 100% like rate in life. You will make enemies, haters, and generally people who don't like you for some reason along the way.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Agreed. Although, it's more of looking at things realistically. Go check out all of the top youtubers. If everyone liked them and nobody didn't, they would have more money than Bill Gates.

Making content more accessible is great no matter how you look at it and, personally, I am always trying to make content that I think will be entertaining, but you literally can't win them all.

I think it's naive to believe everyone will like you, it's not being reclusive. Nobody has a 100% like rate in life. You will make enemies, haters, and generally people who don't like you for some reason along the way.
Well... I mean there are limits to how attractive you're willing to make yourself though. There really are. Instead of producing content that is somewhat philosophical and whatever, I simply could make a channel that's just all about highlights of some sort or strongly related to sex and whatever sells. You really can sell out, that's not a made-up notion. Bands sell out (because they realize they're earning quite a bit of money now, and could earn even more by targetting that wider audience), YT'ers sell out, authors sell out, directors... it's a real thing. There is a matter of principle at the center of it, to some degree.

Reactions: NickDodd

EmmaHudsonSinger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Honestly, I am quite terrified of Reddit! Like, I have an account, but the functionality of it confuses me and I feel like I'd be constantly concerned about promoting myself in a way that would just annoy other people.

Nothing constructive, just to say that I feel your pain!

Reactions: NickDodd