Posting on Reddit

AaronSonyi

I don't wanna just promote myself on reddit in any random section and p**s everyone off. I've seen threads on here suggesting,"go to a gaming subreddit and promote there." But, my vids aren't really specific. They're reaction/review/roasty about stuff on Instagram, buzzfeed, and what not. Therefore, my channel won't really fit in any specific category. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Moved to the strategy forum. :)

My advice would be to carefully read and follow the rules for the subreddit you are thinking about posting to. Also, if you do decide to post your own content, make sure it only represents 10% of all your posts on reddit. ie, if a moderator looks at your posting history, will they see a lot of your posts are just you posting your videos? If yes, then you'll be considered a spammer.

I am not a pro at all when it comes to reddit, in fact I have never really posted any videos of my own there. But I do belivie that you should only post on it if you belivie that your video might bring value to the people reading on that subreddit. If not, dont. And as crown said, make sure you use reddit for other stuff than just spam. Good luck!

You could make your own subreddit, and post there, and go on other subreddits and post relevant posts on there, as any other forums! It will take some time to get some traction on your own subreddit, but it will eventually grow as well!

Maybe Reddit isnt your thing dude but if you want to do it you could make your own subreddit (not sure how well it will work though) have you tried any others kinds of promotion?

I don't wanna just promote myself on reddit in any random section and p**s everyone off. I've seen threads on here suggesting,"go to a gaming subreddit and promote there." But, my vids aren't really specific. They're reaction/review/roasty about stuff on Instagram, buzzfeed, and what not. Therefore, my channel won't really fit in any specific category. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

honestly, it seems like your big issue is that you need to have focused content. How are you going to target a specific audience if, by your own recognition, your videos aren't targeted to any audience?

my videos and the videos i intend to post could very easily fit into a few subreddits, but i have the same issue where i dislike posting on reddit because people on reddit usually don't respond well to that. so i don't really have any tips, just wanted to express that i feel similarly.

I seen this topic elsewhere in the forums, and I'm wondering:

Are there reddits/subreddits solely for small/new YouTubers?

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube

I know there´s 2 subreddits for vloggers, which doesn´t give people a lot of views, since those are not as popular as other subsreddits, and there´s a few that might be that specific youtubers subreddit. but I don´t think that it exist subreddits for small youtubers!

Edit, now that I looked, it exists a subreddit for small youtubers!

We should start a revolution! Lol jk... but seriously. If we build it, won't they come? Sorry I literally don't know about reddit so maybe I'm wrong!!

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube

Back