Posting on Reddit

Firefang

// Weekly gaming related content //
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After trying to post on a reddit two times this week they sent me a freaking warning about not doing self promotion but actually contributing to their community .. So yeah

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Make a video that’s good enough for others to post it then you’ll have no worries

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh, also I would like to add that Reddit wasn't a very effective place, atleast for me, to gain subscribers.
After trying to post on a reddit two times this week they sent me a freaking warning about not doing self promotion but actually contributing to their community .. So yeah
So, I got curious about Reddit, so I peaked around the site, read the rules, liked what I saw and made an account. I haven't had time to actually be active (since I'm working and I made the account yesterday), but I already have the feeling that people are approaching this medium wrong.

It is not a site for promotion. It is a forum. And every forum has a community. I've been a big forum user for the past 12 years and forum communities are a thing in itself.

Approach Reddit the same way that you should approach this very forum, YTtalk. Use it to ask help, to provide help and to talk about your interests. Along the way people might check out your channel, or you will be able to post a link or mention your video. I looked up subreddits for TV shows I like and the sport I do (HEMA). Connect over similar interests, not focussing on subs and views, but with networking in mind. Build a community, that's what forums are for :)

KyvaDos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, About Reddit you can get a lot of views from there ( as Rossiter740 said and as what i happening to me ) but not a lot of subscribers and watch time time too the majority from there watch your video foe less than 1 min, for subreddit : videos,Smallyoutubers,SmallYTchannel.

Reaction score
What does "Contribute to the community" mean? Like post reply in the subs where you are trying to post your videos?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
What does "Contribute to the community" mean? Like post reply in the subs where you are trying to post your videos?
Posting, upvoting, downvoting, reacting, engaging in discussions. It means to actually get invested in the community, instead of just using the forums to post your own things ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn EVA-L09 met Tapatalk

Firefang

// Weekly gaming related content //
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I got curious about Reddit, so I peaked around the site, read the rules, liked what I saw and made an account. I haven't had time to actually be active (since I'm working and I made the account yesterday), but I already have the feeling that people are approaching this medium wrong.

It is not a site for promotion. It is a forum. And every forum has a community. I've been a big forum user for the past 12 years and forum communities are a thing in itself.

Approach Reddit the same way that you should approach this very forum, YTtalk. Use it to ask help, to provide help and to talk about your interests. Along the way people might check out your channel, or you will be able to post a link or mention your video. I looked up subreddits for TV shows I like and the sport I do (HEMA). Connect over similar interests, not focussing on subs and views, but with networking in mind. Build a community, that's what forums are for :)
Reddit makes it harder for you to engage since they have the awful thing they call 'Reddit Karma' and I am yet to wrap my arround its mechanics.

Liam O’Doyle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
I posted one of my videos about self confidence and being comfortable in your own skin and posted it to the socialskills subreddit. I got over 1000 views and gained 20 subs off that alone.
I’ve tried with others since with no joy, i really think with Reddit, the first couple of people who upvote/downvote really decide how it will do on there. If its got upvotes, people will vote up, if its got down votes, people will vote down. People love to be a part of something and usually follow the trend

Steve0192

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Once I found the right subreddit for my niche, I found posting there would drive a good amount of views to the video I was posting. The main problem I found was that audience retention stats for that video would dip as a lot of people would only view the first few second of the video.

These days I do much less promotion on there, as by far the largest traffic sources for me are Suggested Videos and You Tube Searches. Both of those have much better average watch times.

Steve