Posting frequently helps alot

Edmagician

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hello everybody! Starting this off, I was a true believer that posting one quality video would be more important then posting frequently, however I did not see much growth on my channel (1-2 subs here and there) but ever since I started posting every day (almost) i shot up to like 40 subs this week only. Again..just try to post alot of videos frequently. It really works.

Obsurdity

Reaction score
Yessir, YouTube's algorithm loves it! It would even benefit people to create a backlog of videos if they get the time.

Another way you can "trip" the frequency algorithm is to consistently create playlists (even if the videos you add aren't yours).

Creating a playlist creates a new ID similar to uploading a new video ;)

Cheers

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everybody! Starting this off, I was a true believer that posting one quality video would be more important then posting frequently, however I did not see much growth on my channel (1-2 subs here and there) but ever since I started posting every day (almost) i shot up to like 40 subs this week only. Again..just try to post alot of videos frequently. It really works.
Thanks for sharing bro! I definitely need to upload more frequently lol!

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I always liked the idea of uploading daily to almost daily maybe a 1 day break. I felt like you were always providing your viewers a reason for them to subscribe because you were giving them content to check back to and not every day or so because they end up forgetting you faster than they would if you uploaded daily.

I plan to upload daily when I give my channel the kick start it needs at the moment so hearing a positive outcome of daily uploads is good to hear :)

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
I do not understand how you can upload very day with content that is not I teresting at all. It just clogs up at and turns potential viewers off.

Reactions: User_78298

BeThatGuy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is 3 times a week pretty good?? Or would it be more benificial to do it 4 to 5 times a week?

BeThatGuy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think that's way more than necessary, personally. I don't know how most think, but some of the channels I'm subscribed to don't update for a few months on end sometimes. It's only when they've gone like a full year that I unsub.
Gotcha, im just trying to figure out how to run up over the amount of subs I have, im new but would like to grab a few more subs for people to enjoy the content im putting up

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm sure I sound overly negative, but this sounds like a terrible algorithm to me, like it's just encouraging people to create low-effort videos, hence all the channels that have several dozen 15-minute videos of themselves doing a Let's Play of a single game.
The algorithm is designed with the purpose of keeping people on YouTube. The more time people spend on YouTube, the more ads they watch, the more income generated for YouTube itself. Daily content has been proven time and time again to keep people on the site longer than more sporadic content, because it creates a lot of session starts. People who really enjoy a particular channel will visit YouTube every single day just to check for the channel's new video that day - and then they'll start a full watching session.

Now if the same channel only uploaded videos every 2 weeks - a lot of people who watch that channel and don't care much about other channels simply wouldn't bother checking YouTube until the 2 week mark rolled around again.

The algorithm doesn't encourage low effort content either, because while the algorithm takes into account upload frequency it also takes into account a whole host of other factors, one of them being how well your recent videos have performed.

If your videos are improving and doing better as your subscriber count grows, then YouTube will favour your channel more and more. If on the other hand your latest videos have been rushed, and are sub-par, and don't perform as well, then YouTube will take note of that and stop promoting your other videos as much.

Daily content will always be best for the algorithm, but it also has to have a certain level of quality to it to actually perform well.

For anyone who has considered daily videos but feel they don't have time: I was in the same boat. When I first tried daily I literally found myself spending all of my free time working on videos. I no longer had any time to relax or do anything I wanted to do because the entire day was spent working on content.

That's actually why I avoided daily for so long. Recently though I started making daily content, but I optimised my video creation process. I spend the majority of the week coming up with ideas and planning videos, with no real fixed schedule. I just let the ideas come to me while I'm doing other things, and then develop them from there into what I want to make videos about.

Then I have a dedicated day where I record an entire weeks worth of videos based on the plans I set out.

Then a day for editing the videos.

Then I have a day for SEO/keyword research, tagging/titling/describing the videos, and making thumbnails.

The result is the same 7 videos a week, but one the videos are higher quality since taking dedicated days for each part of the process makes me spend more time on each individual video - as for example on the editing day I basically assume I'm going to be working all day, and I also have a backlog of videos so I don't feel rushed or anything. Two, I actually have some free time back that isn't spent on the channel. Also, since I do everything in bulk, I'm constantly several days ahead of schedule, so if for example my internet were to go down or something, I'd still be okay to keep up with my daily releases.

Speaking of staying ahead of schedule, make use of the scheduling function on YouTube. You can upload videos in advance, set up the end cards, any mid video cards, etc. Then you can set them to be scheduled for a certain date or time. You can have your videos set up a week, or even several weeks in advance like this - this means that even if you want to say take a two week vacation, you can still keep up a daily release schedule.

abc123

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've noticed people who pump a lot of media out (3+ vids a week) grow pretty quickly.