Posting Captions

borderlord

Reaction score
Hi All, new to the forum, hope you can help me.
Simple task. I am trying to add a title to a video. When I first started downloading my vids, less than a month ago, I found this an easy task.
Now, try as I might, I cannot do this.
Wasted hours trying, but it seems the page where I did this has changed, and I can't work my way round the new one.
Anybody help?
Jeff

borderlord

Reaction score
Hi James
Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. On my earlier vids, I was able to add a title to the bottom of the screen, just for a few seconds, to say what was on the vid.
When I did this before I found it very simple, but now it looks like the editing screen layout has changeand I can no longer do this operation.
I would like to show a vid with what I did earlier, but I don't seem able even to add a link to a YT video.
If you know a way to do this, I can show what I am trying to do.
Thanks
Jeff

Reactions: Crown

James Larsen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ok so when your video starts, you want to add text to the bottom of the video for a few seconds?

James Larsen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ah, ok. I have no idea how to do that in the Youtube editor.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi James
Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. On my earlier vids, I was able to add a title to the bottom of the screen, just for a few seconds, to say what was on the vid.
When I did this before I found it very simple, but now it looks like the editing screen layout has changeand I can no longer do this operation.
I would like to show a vid with what I did earlier, but I don't seem able even to add a link to a YT video.
If you know a way to do this, I can show what I am trying to do.
Thanks
Jeff
Yeah, they've changed this a bit. They're annotations and you can only access them through the "endscreen / annotations" feature.

Copy paste this and replace XXXXXXXXXXX with the code for your video, then click on annotations top left (by default it's on endscreen)
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/endscreen?feature=vm&v=XXXXXXXXXXXX
Be aware that annotations don't show up on mobile devices. You might want to look at "cards":

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/cards?v=XXXXXXXXXXX
More info about cards: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6140493?hl=en

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi Crown
Problem sorted, many thanks for your help.
Jeff

No problem. My opinion is that they are going to phase out the annotations and replace them with cards or end-screens. :)

borderlord

Reaction score
Crown
Hope they don't. If they do, how can I add titles to my vids?
BTW, what's 'cards'?
Jeff