Post or Sleep?

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I've found myself countless of times in the position where I can either spend under two hours finishing editing and post a video or go to sleep and get to it another day. Currently, I've picked editing and posting time and time again.

Has anyone else been stuck between these? What're your thoughts?

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Lack of sleep correlates to countless health issues.

Re organize your time so you have more during the day time to get work done.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Pace yourself. Don't sacrifice sleep. It's not sustainable and bad for your health. :) Sacrifice something less important like TV.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

JonnyBoi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Holy crap! I din't know this was an actual thing!!! This is what I do every night. I'm up about 2 hours later than I normally am editing and posting videos, because i'd rather get it done now than the next day, for fear of falling behind on my uploads.
...Yes! I'm not alone!

p.s. I still get at least 7 hours of sleep.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Holy crap! I din't know this was an actual thing!!! This is what I do every night. I'm up about 2 hours later than I normally am editing and posting videos, because i'd rather get it done now than the next day, for fear of falling behind on my uploads.
...Yes! I'm not alone!

p.s. I still get at least 7 hours of sleep.
Glad I’m not alone! Nighttime is my peak hour in productivity. Although I do also agree with everyone above and I do generally get between 5-7 hours weeknights. I’ve been trying to work on sleep recently.

@Crown you make a really good point about the marathon versus sprint analogy. Thanks!

Sickly Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly most time's its a tough decision. However, If you set a goal such as achieving a certaint number of subscribers,views or uploading a said amount of videos per month, posting will always have the upper hand but sleep is needed to create amazing content the following day. So keep that in mind :) You're not the only one bro

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I find myself waiting at night for the stupid video to upload/process so I can add cards at the end. >.> I've resigned myself to the idea that uploading a video takes me an entire day (upload it at night, do the cards and stuff in the morning, and schedule it to release out into the wilderness the next morning...). Now, I just plan for it to take that long. I don't think any viewer is going to feel let down if they need to wait an extra day that they didn't know they waited lol.

Reactions: Crown

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would love to sleep but my 3 year old made me forget what sleep is :cloud9: so I stay up late. My secret is coffee and RedBull :dead2: