FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Don't comment sub 4 sub on videos of big YouTubers, it just comes across as desperate and puts a lot of people off checking out your channel.

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Focus on the quality of your videos over quantity. Videos have more watch time with quality, then they do with quantity.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yes out lighting and camera position before officially starting to record...10 minutes of footage later and you find yourself at a ever so slight angle, out of focus completely, and/or having to do some post color correction.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Or just don't tell your family! That is my approach. :)
Ayy same haha. It's going to be *just great* when they find out

My tip: Plan your videos out ahead of time. Even if that just means a general outline, it'll help keep you focused and not put random tangents in (not that those are always bad. Depends on your content/video)

BB21

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great tips guys. thanks for sharing

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Focus on what your the most passionate about first if you have limited free time! I made the mistake of wanting to do music, videos about games/shows/etc that I liked, vlogs, AND gaming videos. Then realized I really need to focus on one thing (I chose music) and if later my channel becomes more successful and can be a full-time thing, giving me more time to make things, THEN those other things can come back into play.

Reactions: sirbestow

sirbestow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't forget to press record before you start talking. ( :( )
Unfortunately I've had that happen.... with "celebs" in front of the lens. Good rule to follow. LOL

Reactions: Crown

JUST GLUE IT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My tip would be...find YTtalk for advice and tips, before making a bunch of mistakes!

Reactions: MedTerms