Rieverze

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you are using a DSLR to film with you can tie your belt around it. Make it tight and you can swing it very slow for nice and steady shots.

TobyWan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't forget to press record before you start talking. ( :( )
Oh my god the number of times I've done this. FML, reload save, make it sound like its my first time....ha.

My tip! An obvious one but id say add a logo or some kind of noticeable branding to your thumbnails. It can make your video look a little more professional next to all the auto thumbnails youtube creates.

Reactions: Crown

Cosy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Try and make longer videos to improve your watch time, make sure there entertaining and watchable for the full video though :)

TobyWan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually just thought of one for channels looking to upload daily. Be careful about front loading your work process. Im doing a gaming channel and as far as recording im a few days ahead of schedule to keep things not stressful...BUT! Im finding myself almost in the 11th hour editing wise. Balance our recording/editing schedule!

Reactions: Niels Cornelissen

Niels Cornelissen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Youtube tip: install vidiq, search the title of one of recent, but not newest, video, and check the vidiq 'trending' tab. If you tags are all set up correct, you should be able to find channels similar to yours in that 'trending' tab.

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Youtuber workflow tip: If you're using image processing software and a template for your thumbnails, a quick way with Mac + Ps to get a matching filename when saving is to select the video file, then switch file format to .png. No more digging around or tons of typing.

Tac0cann0n

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Be sure to research SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and integrate it in your videos!

TobyWan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Be sure to research SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and integrate it in your videos!
To add to this, if your using tubebuddy youtube actually will refresh your search ranking damn near instantly after you add/remove tags. During export/upload downtime do some trial and error with your tags. Ive been able to take some of my videos from a 3rd page ranking to 1st just by tweaking a few words.