Possible to make channel trailer automatically always shows most recent video uploaded?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I just realized my channel trailer for new visitors was stuck showing an old video I uploaded... I can't seem to figure out how to make it always show the most recently video uploaded? Right now I'm forced to always manually change the video I want displayed in the trailer to display most recently uploaded video. Am I clueless or is there a setting that will do this automatically? I look but can't find it... thanks!

Reactions: TheMoonchinKing

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just realized my channel trailer for new visitors was stuck showing an old video I uploaded... I can't seem to figure out how to make it always show the most recently video uploaded? Right now I'm forced to always manually change the video I want displayed in the trailer to display most recently uploaded video. Am I clueless or is there a setting that will do this automatically? I look but can't find it... thanks!
YouTube wants to encourage you to make a dedicated trailer for your channel, so for that reason they don't let you show your most recent upload. Not that there's an issue showing an existing video (I do the same) but that's just YouTube's reason for doing that.

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
YouTube wants to encourage you to make a dedicated trailer for your channel, so for that reason they don't let you show your most recent upload. Not that there's an issue showing an existing video (I do the same) but that's just YouTube's reason for doing that.
I see thanks! I don't have one now but eventually I'll get around to making an official trailer :)

Reactions: Stike96

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The trailer is something you set manually and only plays for people who aren't subscribed. For people who are subscribed, you can set this area to automatically show the most recent video that they haven't already watched. This will also show to people who aren't subscribed if you don't have a trailer set.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to set the trailer up yourself. When you to channel page click the channel trailer that says for new busters than choose the trailer you want and then click save