Possible idea for better Ads

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What if the non skip ads that are like 30 seconds long or more only appeared on videos that are 5 min or more? It's annoying when I see an ad that's like 40 seconds non skippable only to find out the video itself is like 1-2 min.

The other idea I had was something like Hulu does. They have like 4 ads back to back that total a minute. What if they had 4 ads and after that you didn't see one again for the next 10 min? More ads in the beginning but then more watch time later.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to monetization.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
Sounds like an idea, but I think youtube like to be specific with their ads in terms of what kind of audience they show their ads to, like for example on a music video an album ad may be appropriate - and so that would be more specific than showing a series of ads. Not that showing a series of ads that are still related is impossible but right now it seems like youtube want to stick to their one specific ad.

The whole not seeing an ad for 10 min is interesting though, it's like spotify then where they give you 30 mins ad free after a long ad. :cool: Okay I've said ad way too many times in this post it feels lol

SandManOnly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Pretty good idea, possibly 2 non skippable ads at the start of the video would be enough.