'Popular Channels'?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
On our channel homepage has "related channels' been replaced with 'Popular channels'? There is option to disable Popular channels I see. But where has Related channels gone? Finished?

Reactions: videoeditgr

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I've noticed the Popular Channels section for a while now. At least a few years. And it kinda baffles me, because some channels have the Related Channels section and others don't. The channels that appear in Related usually have some sort of connection (I think it's based on having similar audience), whereas in Popular, there doesn't seem to be any correlation at all. My channel still has Related. I'm not sure what YouTube does to determine that.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think that "popular" replace "related" if one decide to hide once or twice the "related" and then bring them back.But I am not sure on this...

:)

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I had unbox therapy in my related channels which was making my channel look way cooler than than is the reality lol.. now he's gone :(
Thanks for the replies.. Seems like a strange one. I liked it better before. Maybe it will randomly change back again.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
mine was popular channels for a while then related channels and now its back to popular channels. none of the popular channels listed have anything to do with my channel maybe it will change back eventually seems related would be more beneficial for people.

Reactions: UhoohExtra