Poll : Do you want the Dislike button removed?

Do you want the Dislike button removed?

• Total voters

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Reasons : It doesn't make any kind of sense.

It's more often than not used as a troll tool .
It lacks any kind of interaction, why did you dislike it?
You can tell me in the comment if you think i'm a fat french douchebag anyways, no need to murder my video reputation to the eyes of others AND murder my video rankings in the YT search engine.
It is too often used as an opinion disagreement fixing tool , example : Christians disliking Atheist video because of their religious opinion.

TL;DR : Bad tool, badly used , shouldn't be considered as a relevant metric, a bad video has 10.000 views and 4 likes. That's more than enough to know that it's universaly hated (that and reading the comments)

Moreover, disactivating the rating is not a solution, because video likes are a nice source of traffic and it's stupid to cut you off from that traffic because a group of trolls decided to play with your account and create 20 accounts to dislike your face.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think really theres only two uses for it, 1, so you can gauge feedback from your viewers and use it to your own advantage to better your content if one video got a lot more than others and 2 so YouTube can see what videos need to be shoved away rather than be ranked better. I am quite sure videos with loads of dislikes to likes ratio are penalised in the searches. I could be wrong though. I do like it how we have it on here, you either like the post with the public showing action of keep your dislike of a post to yourself, no one sees it and theres no hurt involved. Imagine the mayhem we would have here, people disliking posts :D

Rizzwizz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
As a YouTuber we may feel the 'dislike' button is unnecessary but there are so many videos with false advertised thumbnails/titles to it that you only find out after clicking it. As a viewer I'd be p****d if click on something which is totally something else after clicking it. YouTube needs to know that and I'm sure that's when the 'dislike' button comes handy to them.

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think really theres only two uses for it, 1, so you can gauge feedback from your viewers and use it to your own advantage to better your content if one video got a lot more than others and 2 so YouTube can see what videos need to be shoved away rather than be ranked better. I am quite sure videos with loads of dislikes to likes ratio are penalised in the searches. I could be wrong though. I do like it how we have it on here, you either like the post with the public showing action of keep your dislike of a post to yourself, no one sees it and theres no hurt involved. Imagine the mayhem we would have here, people disliking posts :D
They are
And as a guy who has been disliked bombed a lot by trolls having fun, It's totally unfair to give trolls an advantage to slaughter your work.[DOUBLEPOST=1348764941,1348764884][/DOUBLEPOST]
As a YouTuber we may feel the 'dislike' button is unnecessary but there are so many videos with false advertised thumbnails/titles to it that you only find out after clicking it. As a viewer I'd be p****d if click on something which is totally something else after clicking it. YouTube needs to know that and I'm sure that's when the 'dislike' button comes handy to them.
YouTube has made some plans public about removing the Dislike button in the last couple of months, they know what's up indeed.
And the dislike button is used way much in a bad manner rather than in a good one.

Frankie_

Always know, never believe
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It sucks, but if something is misleading or way too offensive you have to report it, not dislike it.
Methinks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Rizzwizz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
It sucks, but if something is misleading or way too offensive you have to report it, not dislike it.
Methinks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
I agree. But you can't expect that from everyone out there watching YouTube videos. Sure that is the right way to do it by reporting it. But most of the people would rather hit the back button than do anything about it. Some might at least hit the dislike button. Don't get me wrong even I hate it when I get a dislike on my video but i guess that's how it is.

I hope they come out with a better way.

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
According to YouTube, they are focusing more on Watch Time, so if viewers watch it all the way through and then dislike it, that's okay. :)

BigzZ

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't really care whether they keep the dislike button or not. I mean yes trolls can use it to give your video a bad rep, but as was stated already some videos deserve a bad reputation as they are misleading. If they are going to do anything with the dislike button they should give you a feedback system, something along the lines as if you hit the dislike button you have to give a reason to why you disliked it. Then the feedback is sent to the creator and is able to work off the feedback to make future videos better.

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I don't really care whether they keep the dislike button or not. I mean yes trolls can use it to give your video a bad rep, but as was stated already some videos deserve a bad reputation as they are misleading. If they are going to do anything with the dislike button they should give you a feedback system, something along the lines as if you hit the dislike button you have to give a reason to why you disliked it. Then the feedback is sent to the creator and is able to work off the feedback to make future videos better.
That won't help in the case of trolls, hell, in all cases .

Most of the time, the feedback will be "ciozifjezoifjezfjezijf" or "opdfpzfjzejf" just to get trough and have your disliked counted or maybe "Die you fat c**t I hope your family gets cancer" , yeah , thanks for the feedback bro :D

Spenner11

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yes, i do want it removed, because on all of our videos we have one hater, who has like 3 fake accounts and dislikes our vids! he even admitted thaty he made fake accounts.